PDA

View Full Version : r's are tough

kookennay
08-09-2009, 08:17 PM
i have been riding one of my 86 r's for about 6 months now usually ever other weekend. well today i was riding at local 4wheel park that i have been to about everytime i ride, so i know the place good. climbing a hill i have a hundred times it bogged i shifted back down right into neutral so i started sliding backwards and jumped off i rolled once on its side then end over end. the ony thing i did was bend the bars a little and the rod between the tie rods. i was amazed it was even still running when it stopped flipping and landed on ots wheels. i havd had 300ex's and done the same thing and be trashed' but the r held up like a tank. sorry for the long story but i love my r's and i now have another reason to.

kookennay
08-09-2009, 08:29 PM
oh and can anyone tell me what some good handle bars are i dont want nothiing expensive but soomething decent

destey
08-10-2009, 12:05 PM
pics of the wreck and hill!!!

deathman53
08-10-2009, 12:51 PM
I've rolled my old one and current ones, I bent the steering stem. Last trip I went on, a kid hit a rut the wrong way, tried to ride it out and flipped. He ended up bending the frame at the steering stem bushing back, basically cutting all the wires on it, bending tank mounts and maybe more. This was on a 400ex. One of my bikes, the previous owner had something happen on a mx track and ended up rolling down the real steep side of the "stair case" at e-town. Bent steering stem and broke spindle. The steering stem wasn't bad and its still the same one to this day. I hit a rut on rausch creek and flipped my 250r, bent the houser stem and left it alone, nothing else happened.

RyanWsly
08-10-2009, 02:49 PM
I run moose trx bend steel bars, they're a lot cheaper than a steering stem when they get bent, just my personal preference, and if your bogging out on a hill you've gotta get after that clutch man...........only time I run low on power is when it launches off the ground and I don't catch it in time, doesn't bog when that happens just chokes it out.

Chepiriux
08-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Yes they are tough...this weekend we went trail riding, and here in my country is winter (raining a lot) we where going throught a river in more than 10 spots through out the trip and there where a lot of rocks and ther river was very deep. I kept clearing the river very easy not getting stuck or anything, but my friend one with a trx450r and a yfz450 kept gettin stuck in the sand (didnt know why cause...well im riding a 2 stroke...no port job) and after a couple of river passes the atvs of my friens died!! the cdi got wet of the trx 450r and the yfz kept bogging...and my little stock 250r 89 250r!! kept going and going and goin jajaja was awsome!! The only thing that I did notice was that a lot of water got to the airbox, and every time I I clear the river I had to drain the water.... but other than that it was one of the best weekend Ive had in a 250r, wouldt chang it for anything!!!

kookennay
08-10-2009, 03:24 PM
well it bogged and i grabbed theclutch just like i always do but it just kept doing it but my shifter was loose so when i tried to down shift it went to neatrual isntead of first. sorry no pictures next time i go i will get one off the hill. but i am sore today and i got a huge bruise on my *** from jumping off lol. does anyone know were i can find the rubber pieces that go in the frame that the seat sets into.

RyanWsly
08-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Build RPM with the clutch, slip it is what I'm getting at. Always have your clutch handle near it will be your best friend on hills,woods, and the track if you get under the power band. I ordered those rubber pieces your talking about this spring I believe, they were still available through Honda.

kookennay
08-10-2009, 10:43 PM
yeah my clutch does not slip but i know what your talking about i stay on the clutch on hills to keep it reved up i just messed up this time i guess. it was hot and i was tired. do you know anywhere on the internet that i could order the rubber things from

deathman53
08-11-2009, 06:39 AM
www.servicehonda.com

kookennay
08-11-2009, 01:55 PM
THANKS DEATHMAN53 JUST GOT THEM ORDERED