PDA

View Full Version : 525 not running right, need help!!!

fasterblaster02
08-09-2009, 07:26 PM
My 09 525 isnt running right. It will be fine for about 30 minutes, then it has to be shut down for 45-60 min and it will run fine the rest of the day. It is really frustrating me and i cant seem to pinpoinnt the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It will idle great, but as soon as it gets under load it dies, and when in neutral and revved up it acts like it is hitting the rev limiter, cutting out really bad. When it cuts out it has absolutely NO power.

Predatormx98
08-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Had a problem on my outlaw, was cutting out and no power. We unscrewed the bottom of the carbuerator and the the pilot jet had worked its way loose and was sitting in the the cover. You wouldnt know just from the idle mine idled fine but had no power. Something to check.

fasterblaster02
08-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Was yours one a ktm with a fcr carb? just wanting to be sure.
I will probably look at the carb soon.
If this problem is electrical, and I believe it is, it could take me a lot of time and money that i didnt want to be spending on an 09 machine. These electrical things can be really bad, we had a problem at work with a semi, not even that old, a 2005, the guages would shut off intermittently. Well it turns out after pulling pretty much all the wiring harnes and weeks of troubleshooting, there was one terminal out of 30 spread just a little bit, hardly visible, that plugged into the ECM that was the problem. I hate trying to find stuff like that.

By the way i am looking into these motors on other forums, including bikes and am finding that there has been some CDIs and stators going bad.
anyone know if the cdi is made by ktm or polaris?
My first step is going to be checking all connections for corrosion and looseness and going from there.

And my warranty is done on the 15th, not that the dealer can figure anything out anyway.

Predatormx98
08-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Yes we have the ktm with the fcr carb. The cdi box is polaris, it is the same used on the predator and outlaw 500, my cdi box on my predator went out and we replaced with a biggun. You might try checking your connection on the box if dirty or sandy spray some electrical cleaner in the connections and see if it clears up.

fasterblaster02
08-11-2009, 05:04 PM
I will be tearing the bike apart this weekend, checking all connections and the carb. Anyone know what gas cap will fit the outlaw tank? (I am looking for one with a vent in the cap).