PDA

View Full Version : sorry, but another jetting thread

BrettOaktree
08-09-2009, 05:08 PM
hey guys sorry to bug ya with another jetting thread but i need help. Alright so as of right now i am running

165 main
48 pilot
1 turn out on the fuel screw
3rd needle position

my elevation ranges from 0-1000ft, i have an hmf slip-on, cam mod done, K&N air filter with the lid off and an outterwears prefilter.

The reason im posting this thread is because after i did the cam mod its been a little hard to start, nuthin too major but harder than it use to be, and today when i was riding it stalled and the guy that was riding behind me said he saw flames inside the pipe, now i kno he prolly just saw it backfiring but after it stalled it was a little hard to start up. Oh and the temp today was around 72 and it was pretty humid and muggy. It still pulls hard threw all the gears and never falls on its face. But my main concern is if i should move the needle or turn the fuel screw more. Any help is highly appreciated.

Pack
08-09-2009, 07:40 PM
My suggestion would be to pull the fuel screw out more, but I'm no pro. I just notice a lot of people with similar mods usually run anywhere from 2 to 3 turns out on the fuel screw.

I'm curious, though, how much does a cam mod cost? Where can I find information on it? And how does it mess with reliability? I know getting involved with the pistons and everything isn't something I want to do, since I want it to be reliable more than anything.

BrettOaktree
08-09-2009, 08:31 PM
thanx, ya i see most ppl are running 2 1/2 turns out so im gunna do that but about the cam mod. Its free if you do it yourself, and it doesnt mess with reliability, you may have to rejet after you do it but nuthin major just bumpin up the main jet.

heres a link to a very good write up on it from yfz central, it takes you through it step by step.

http://yfz450.theatvchannel.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=59800