PDA

View Full Version : How to move carb needle

03pete
08-09-2009, 02:34 PM
I need to move my needle jet because I'm running rich mid-range right now. I got my main jet dialed in right, just bogging out half throttle. I have never had to move my needle jet before and I have no clue how to even do it. I took the 2 screws off the top of the carb and pulled the slide out, but I cant figure out how to move the needle. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

LTandRaptorider
08-09-2009, 07:40 PM
It has been a looong time since I worked on the stock Mikuni carb... But once you remove the cap, you need to pull the throttle return spring up off slide. Now look in at the top of the slide, see how the needle is attached. Usually push down slightly on the cable then pull back a little to unhook the end from the slide (top of needle). Now the needle will be free to work on. Here my memory is fuzzy on that carb. Should see a hex head bolt, approx. 4 mm. Loosen that to take the needle out. If your quad is bogging, it is rich of course. So grip the clip with needle nose pliers, pull straight back to remove. Take note of what position the clip is in before doing this. Then move it up a notch, no more than 2. Slide clip in securely then put carb slide together in reverse order. Then ride the quad, let it warm up and see how the response is.

stpltn250r
08-16-2009, 06:34 PM
on my stock mikuni. i removed the throttle cable out of the slide and looked down in the slide to find 2 srews that dold the needle in the slide. removed the screws needle came out of slide, then change the clip position. if its leaning out u need to move it down 1 to let more fuel in. repeat in the reverse order to put back together. but u knew that of course. hope this helps

03pete
09-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the help, but I cant seem to get the throttle cable off the slide its self, any advice on how to get it off?