PDA

View Full Version : anyone watch ufc 101

JJs450r
08-09-2009, 01:31 AM
was kinda disappointed in the griffin silvia fight kinda looked set up cant believe griffin laid down like that, owell glad to see anderson can hold his own probably one of the best fighters imo

glad to see penn win

xDeeVy465x
08-09-2009, 01:46 AM
Penn's The MAN!:blah:

deathcorefan2
08-09-2009, 02:08 AM
there prob will be a griffin silva rematch, i heard forrest reputured an ear drum or something, i still think the spider would have taken it.

Doak450r
08-09-2009, 04:07 AM
yeah i heard griffin dislocated his jaw and can't hear out of one ear. I thought all the fights were ok and went as most people believed they were going to go. Silva's pretty much the best p4p fighter in the world and wasn't much smaller than griffin so i figured he was just going to do what he wanted with griffin. Also florian didn't do anything at all to bj penn, i think kenny was just out classed by bj who is the best 155 in the world. bj won every exchange one the feet all florian did was press bj up againnst the cage and try to take penn down which he didn't do the entire fight. Asoon as bj took him down it was over. i wish ufc would sign Aoki to put to rest who everyone thinks is the best 155er. i personally think it's bj.

Doak450r
08-09-2009, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by deathcorefan2
there prob will be a griffin silva rematch, i heard forrest reputured an ear drum or something, i still think the spider would have taken it.

I sure hope there isn't. griffin looked pretty bad and slow tonight compared to silva. Anderson will go back to 185 fight henderson for the title again, then go back up to LHW and hopefully fight one of the top tier guys such as shogun, rampage, or rashaad. I would love to see him and machida, because i think he is one of the only fighters as technically good as anderson. But they are team mates and won't fight each other.

dehner47
08-09-2009, 10:38 AM
i though it was a complete joke and a waste of my money. bj is my favotite fighter so was good to see him back in 155 and retain his belt. but all other fights were a joke. dana white better step up and make it up to the fans like he did a few yrs back and give us a title fight or top fight for free..

and forrest better of broke something. cause he is one of the best fighters in the buisness. and to fall down and throw up his hands like that. pathetic. and on top of that, it was from some gay @$$ fall back jab. i know the spiders a bad dude and all but come on. my girl has punched me harder then that when i f**k up dinner or dont vaccume the right way:devil:

08-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Silva's next fight is gonna be GSP @ 185. That will be the sickest fight ever.

madskrillz2
08-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Nova

No it's not. They've already said he's fighting Henderson next.

I might not like Silva, but damn I have to respect how good he is. He made Forrest look like a noob.

madskrillz2
08-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by dehner47
i though it was a complete joke and a waste of my money. bj is my favotite fighter so was good to see him back in 155 and retain his belt. but all other fights were a joke. dana white better step up and make it up to the fans like he did a few yrs back and give us a title fight or top fight for free..

and forrest better of broke something. cause he is one of the best fighters in the buisness. and to fall down and throw up his hands like that. pathetic. and on top of that, it was from some gay @$$ fall back jab. i know the spiders a bad dude and all but come on. my girl has punched me harder then that when i f**k up dinner or dont vaccume the right way:devil:

Fall back jab? Let him punch you with that "jab" then come back and tell me it's just a jab. Plus Forrest had already been rocked twice before that, so he was almost out on his feet.

BlueZ440
08-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Silva's is the man Period....The only 2 person that might be able to beat him is Machida or GSP....

jcv400ex
08-09-2009, 05:24 PM
RUNNNN FORREST RUUUUUN!

I knew something was up with Forrest. I didn't catch the post fight report, but he just doesn't act like that when he gets hit.

I'd like to see Machida and Silva!

Doak450r
08-09-2009, 06:27 PM
silva's next fight is not against GSP, and it's not against henderson for the middleweight belt, he is reported to be giving up the mw belt and staying at light heavy. Also anderson and machida will not fight they are friends and training partners and they said they won't do it. also gsp i don't think anyways would stand much of a chance against him at 185 it would look a lot like the last gsp and penn fight, silva would just be to big for him.

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Anderson-Silva-to-relinquish-middleweight-title-move-permanently-to-light-heavyweight.html

deathcorefan2
08-09-2009, 08:22 PM
griffen prob crapped himself. literally. it has happened before. tim sylvia and randleman did it lol

ben300
08-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Doak450r
silva's next fight is not against GSP, and it's not against henderson for the middleweight belt, he is reported to be giving up the mw belt and staying at light heavy. Also anderson and machida will not fight they are friends and training partners and they said they won't do it. also gsp i don't think anyways would stand much of a chance against him at 185 it would look a lot like the last gsp and penn fight, silva would just be to big for him.

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Anderson-Silva-to-relinquish-middleweight-title-move-permanently-to-light-heavyweight.html

the whole card was pretty ****ty, minus the bj fight. nice to see bj shut up kenny. and the soddalah/hendricks stoppage was teh worst ever! pure bs.

as for anderson silva, him moving to lhw right now makes absolutely no sense int the fact that he will not fight machida, as as it stands, no one is gonna be machida anytime soon, i'd liek to think rampage will, but i dont belive he has it anymore... and he will not fihgt gsp, just because of his size advantage, and his striking ability...a rematch with henderson is the next best likely matchup wiht him,....if he beats henderson, then maybe he'll move to light heavy.....but untill machida is out of the picture, thats unlikely to happen....i truly see him just retiring, ontop of his game, with the belt...

Doak450r
08-09-2009, 08:48 PM
I think he just wants to fight the best at 205, he'll vacate the belt and move up and fight i think the three remaining fights on his contract and is rumored to retire because he wants to fight roy jones jr, and dana won't let him. Hey maybe henderson will just come up to 205 and fight him again. i would like to see a rematch as i'm a hendo fan but i think silva will most likely take it again.

dehner47
08-10-2009, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Fall back jab? Let him punch you with that "jab" then come back and tell me it's just a jab. Plus Forrest had already been rocked twice before that, so he was almost out on his feet.

oh, dont take me wrong. i'm sure i'd be on the floor snoring too. but to get knocked out like that being one of the toughest men on the planet. its just crazy. that punch was no where near i knock your head off punch. it was a fall back jab. and it landed perfect and put his @$$ to sleep. no questions bout that. just saying it sucks seeing one of the best 205 fighter on the planet get rocked with a punch like that.

dehner47
08-10-2009, 07:52 AM
i think its complete bs that silva wont fight machida. ok your friends. ok your team mate. i understand that. but you guys are professional fighters. there has been plenty of friends/team mates who have fought each other. its your job. this is what you guys make lots of money doing. plus, if you wanna be the best in the world. you gotta fight the best in the world. and silva and machida are the best. and we need to find out who is the best out of the best. and if anyone can make a fight happen, its dana white:D

Wheelie
08-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Nova

Silvas next title defense will be the winner of the Marquart/Maia fight. If Maia wins the fight--and I think he will--I think he'll be the one that hands Silva his first UFC defeat.

Maia's BJJ is off the charts. Lutter gave Silva problems and his conditioning was horrible. Maia's BJJ is better than Lutter and his conditioning is much better.

fastredrider44
08-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Very dissappointed in the fight... Sure looked like Forrest went down, on purpose.

extremeblastr
08-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Wheelie
Silvas next title defense will be the winner of the Marquart/Maia fight. If Maia wins the fight--and I think he will--I think he'll be the one that hands Silva his first UFC defeat.

Maia's BJJ is off the charts. Lutter gave Silva problems and his conditioning was horrible. Maia's BJJ is better than Lutter and his conditioning is much better.

the only time silva has problems in a fight right now are when he underestimates the guy hes fighting. i will be amazed to see maia take him down especially if its on the ground.

Mattman88
08-16-2009, 11:31 AM
Everyone keeps talking about GSP moving up to middle weight, has there even been any announcement that proves this? I havent heard any such thing except for hearsay. Does anything think GSP has a chance at 185 against Silva? I personally do, GSP has amazing takedowns and takedown defense, and also a great ground game to boot. I think Silva would outclass him in stand up but I think GSP would have a chance on the ground. Anyone else agree?

Wheelie
08-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Mattman88
Everyone keeps talking about GSP moving up to middle weight, has there even been any announcement that proves this? I havent heard any such thing except for hearsay. Does anything think GSP has a chance at 185 against Silva? I personally do, GSP has amazing takedowns and takedown defense, and also a great ground game to boot. I think Silva would outclass him in stand up but I think GSP would have a chance on the ground. Anyone else agree?

If GSP has sufficient time to put on the 15lbs correctly, I think he could give Anderson some serious problems.

GSP is an animal and his wrestling/ground control are second to none in the UFC. If the fight stays on it's feet, then Silva has a significant advantage. If GSP takes him down, correction, WHEN GSP takes him down, GSP will wear him down and beat him up as he has proven time and time again. BJ and Alves have killer take down defense and GSP took them down at will.

reptikes
08-16-2009, 02:37 PM
i wish ufc would sign Aoki to put to rest who everyone thinks is the best 155er. i personally think it's bj.

You aint the only one!

insaneracin2003
08-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by dehner47
i think its complete bs that silva wont fight machida. ok your friends. ok your team mate. i understand that. but you guys are professional fighters. there has been plenty of friends/team mates who have fought each other. its your job. this is what you guys make lots of money doing. plus, if you wanna be the best in the world. you gotta fight the best in the world. and silva and machida are the best. and we need to find out who is the best out of the best. and if anyone can make a fight happen, its dana white:D
agreed

insaneracin2003
08-16-2009, 03:46 PM

I heard that too. Maia will be the one to do it for sure!!

reptikes
08-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Maia will not get past Marquardt. He has never fought anybody close to Marquartds skill level. Marquardt right now is a 185 lb GSP! HE WILL HAND SILVA HIS FIRST LOSS.

Wheelie
08-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by reptikes
Maia will not get past Marquardt. He has never fought anybody close to Marquartds skill level. Marquardt right now is a 185 lb GSP! HE WILL HAND SILVA HIS FIRST LOSS.

I'm a big Marquart and Maia fan. Marquart's striking has improved dramatically, but I don't thinks he's up to Anderson's skill level.

I hope Maia wins the fight against Marquart only because I think he has the better chance of beating Silva out of the two, from a fighting style standpoint.

If Maia wins and get's his shot against Anderson, he will have the belt. Maia has some unusual aspects to his BJJ game. Once he gets his hands on someone, he'll pull them to the ground and into guard. It doesn't matter if he's on his back to do it, as long as it's on the ground. Also, he does his BJJ from the left which is very unusual and makes it difficult for opponents to figure out and defend against.

Chit
08-16-2009, 05:54 PM
GO HUGHES!

madskrillz2
08-16-2009, 07:09 PM
If Silva fights Marquardt again, it will be just like the first fight. Marquardt, imo, is overrated.

reptikes
08-16-2009, 07:52 PM
I'm a big Marquart and Maia fan. Marquart's striking has improved dramatically, but I don't thinks he's up to Anderson's skill level.

I hope Maia wins the fight against Marquart only because I think he has the better chance of beating Silva out of the two, from a fighting style standpoint.

If Maia wins and get's his shot against Anderson, he will have the belt. Maia has some unusual aspects to his BJJ game. Once he gets his hands on someone, he'll pull them to the ground and into guard. It doesn't matter if he's on his back to do it, as long as it's on the ground. Also, he does his BJJ from the left which is very unusual and makes it difficult for opponents to figure out and defend against.

MacDonald, and Herman gave Maia a run for his money! Don't buy into what the UFC commentators say. They said Thales leites's BJJ was as good as it gets. Marquardt man handled him. Now they say the same thing about Maia. Don't believe the hype.

And madskrillz2, who overrates Marquardt? Thats a first
:confused:. 1 lone loss in the UFC (to the champ)!?!? :huh

madskrillz2
08-16-2009, 08:03 PM
MacDonald, and Herman gave Maia a run for his money! Don't buy into what the UFC commentators say. They said Thales leites's BJJ was as good as it gets. Marquardt man handled him. Now they say the same thing about Maia. Don't believe the hype.

And madskrillz2, who overrates Marquardt? Thats a first
:confused:. 1 lone loss in the UFC (to the champ)!?!? :huh

Actually he has two. The other being to Thales Leites who managed to put on the most boring fight I've ever seen in my life when he fought Anderson Silva. Like I said, that's my opinion. Just comes off that way to me.

reptikes
08-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Actually he has two. The other being to Thales Leites who managed to put on the most boring fight I've ever seen in my life when he fought Anderson Silva. Like I said, that's my opinion. Just comes off that way to me.

The Leites fight don't count! He got a point detucted for a punch to the back of the head which the replay CLEARLY showed was not to the back of the head. That ruling should have been turned over, i dont understand why it wasn't done then. They knew before the scorecards were done that it was called wrong, i never understood that.

madskrillz2
08-16-2009, 09:15 PM
The Leites fight don't count! He got a point detucted for a punch to the back of the head which the replay CLEARLY showed was not to the back of the head. That ruling should have been turned over, i dont understand why it wasn't done then. They knew before the scorecards were done that it was called wrong, i never understood that.

Yes it does. The fight was close without that happening. Plus he had the illegal knee and then he should have been penalized for the spike/slam at the end of the fight. Whether he won or not, he still has nothing on Anderson. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see Anderson lose, but I just don't see Marquardt doing that. Silva is just too quick and elusive.

Doak450r
08-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Any of you guys see the last strikeforce the other night, i thought it was a good night of fights, gegard destroyed babalu, werdum won by ubmission within 1 round, and cyborg beat gina, would of been better for strikforce for gina to win but cyborg reminds me of a female version of wanderlie.

madskrillz2
08-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Cyborg is just a beast. She was way too strong for Gina and she is a lot more technically sound than the announcers gave her credit for. Her stand up is almost as good as Ginas. Plus I think she's a tranny. :eek:

Doak450r
08-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Cyborg is just a beast. She was way too strong for Gina and she is a lot more technically sound than the announcers gave her credit for. Her stand up is almost as good as Ginas. Plus I think she's a tranny. :eek:

yeah unless gina can put on ome serious muscle mass and get as strong as cyborg i don't see the rematch if there is one going any different. what did you think of the gegard babalu fight? gegard reminded me of fedor a little bit in that fight the way he carried himself and just no emotion he was very confident in himself.

i wish the ufc got him and matched him up with anderson.

madskrillz2
08-16-2009, 10:15 PM
yeah unless gina can put on ome serious muscle mass and get as strong as cyborg i don't see the rematch if there is one going any different. what did you think of the gegard babalu fight? gegard reminded me of fedor a little bit in that fight the way he carried himself and just no emotion he was very confident in himself.

i wish the ufc got him and matched him up with anderson.

Yeah that's what I liked about him. It was like he knew he had already won before the fight even started. The way things have been going lately with all the organizations trying to compete with the UFC, it won't be long until Strikeforce folds too. So, maybe it won't be long before he is in the UFC.

Doak450r
08-16-2009, 10:18 PM
yeah with the ufc re-airing ufc 100 for free on the same night as strikeforce, their numbers couldn't of been that good. And the ufc will probaly do this everytime too.

reptikes
08-17-2009, 07:17 AM
Yes it does. The fight was close without that happening. Plus he had the illegal knee and then he should have been penalized for the spike/slam at the end of the fight. Whether he won or not, he still has nothing on Anderson. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see Anderson lose, but I just don't see Marquardt doing that. Silva is just too quick and elusive.

The slam at the end was legal, so why should he have been penalized for it? The only thing Anderson has on Marquardt is his accuracy and hand speed. Marquardt is bigger, stronger, WAY better wrestling, BJJ is where it needs to be, not scared to be on the ground with anyone (we already saw Anderson was scared to go to the ground with Thales). You'll see... Marquardt will beat Maia and get the belt from Anderson. Unless Hendo does it first!

dehner47
08-17-2009, 07:33 AM
i'm not a silva fan (just thinks he's a d**k) but you all gotta remember about anderson, he is a BJJ blackbelt. everyone just seems to think he had no ground skills. but not any dudes have had the chance to take him to the ground. he usually destoys them before the fighht can even make it to the ground. yes his ground game is his "weak point" but still, he def has a ground game.

i just wanna be someone stand up with him and crush him. its amazing to watch someone avoid punches and takedowns the way he does but still. i cant wait to see someone knock his @$$ straight out. if they can land a punch :devil:

Wood_15
08-17-2009, 11:04 AM
GSP's walking weight is 185 so middleweight isn't a problem for him. I would rather not see him fight Anderson thought because the reach disadvantage is huge along with height. Anderson is an amazing fighter he has so much talent and technique its makes everyone else look bad. When you have his skills I fully agree with being cocky during a fight. Before and after a fight he is always very respectful. Now all I ask for is for somebody to get the belt away from brock lesner, I can't stand 1 dimensional fighters! Hopefully they give gonzaga or kongo a shot at him.

madskrillz2
08-17-2009, 11:17 AM
The slam at the end was legal, so why should he have been penalized for it? The only thing Anderson has on Marquardt is his accuracy and hand speed. Marquardt is bigger, stronger, WAY better wrestling, BJJ is where it needs to be, not scared to be on the ground with anyone (we already saw Anderson was scared to go to the ground with Thales). You'll see... Marquardt will beat Maia and get the belt from Anderson. Unless Hendo does it first!

No the slam wasn't legal because you can't "spike" your opponent on their head. That was big talk after the fight. Like Dehner said, everyone forgets Silvas ground game is miles ahead of 95% of the people in the UFC. He's as talented on the ground as he is standing up. If you think is gonna beat him on the ground, you're out of your mind. You did watch the Henderson fight didn't you?

Wheelie
08-17-2009, 12:45 PM
No the slam wasn't legal because you can't "spike" your opponent on their head. That was big talk after the fight. Like Dehner said, everyone forgets Silvas ground game is miles ahead of 95% of the people in the UFC. He's as talented on the ground as he is standing up. If you think is gonna beat him on the ground, you're out of your mind. You did watch the Henderson fight didn't you?

Henderson controlled Anderson on the ground in the 1st round of their fight. Travis Lutter, known for horrible cardio and sick from trying to make weight had Silva mounted in the first round. If Lutter was in any kind of shape he could have finished Silva.

Granted Silva is a BJJ black belt, but the ground game is his cryptonite.

reptikes
08-17-2009, 01:03 PM

Silva ground game isn't close to what its hyped up to be. Being BJJ Black Belt amounts to nothing. There are guys that have Black belts who are bumbs on the ground. He was scared to go to the ground with Thales! Thales is not all that! Anderson can't put on a good show unless your the one willing to attack in the stand up. And Dana just proved that. Anderson is an elusive phenominal/pinpoint striker... Thats where it ends. If you don't play into him game plan... then he don't know what to do.

madskrillz2
08-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Henderson controlled Anderson on the ground in the 1st round of their fight. Travis Lutter, known for horrible cardio and sick from trying to make weight had Silva mounted in the first round. If Lutter was in any kind of shape he could have finished Silva.

Granted Silva is a BJJ black belt, but the ground game is his cryptonite.

And both of those guys were finished on the ground. Henderson didn't control him the first round. He just lay n prayed landing pretty much no significant strikes. Then the next round he was choked out. I'd say that's a pretty good ground game when Henderson has only been submitted twice. Both being by the Noguieras, which also train with Silva. Travis Lutter? Give me a break. The only reason he had him on the ground in the first place is because Silva had knee surgery 11 weeks prior to the fight. Anyone that's had knee surgery knows that it's not a minor surgery. Yet, he still was able to hold him in a triangle and finish him. Direct quote from Rogan:
"Anderson Silva had knee surgery on both knees just 11 weeks ago. That was why he was so easy to take down, and that was why he couldn't squeeze 100% when he had Lutter in the triangle. I ran into his manager after the show and he told me the whole deal. His knees were still very sore. Later that night I ran into Anderson in the hotel, and he was limping like he was just double knee barred."

madskrillz2
08-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Silva ground game isn't close to what its hyped up to be. Being BJJ Black Belt amounts to nothing. There are guys that have Black belts who are bumbs on the ground. He was scared to go to the ground with Thales! Thales is not all that! Anderson can't put on a good show unless your the one willing to attack in the stand up. And Dana just proved that. Anderson is an elusive phenominal/pinpoint striker... Thats where it ends. If you don't play into him game plan... then he don't know what to do.

You honestly have no idea. Yes, there are some bums* that have black belts but most of them train with bums. Like I said in the post I just posted, he trains with the Noguieras who are renowned for their BJJ.

reptikes
08-17-2009, 01:58 PM
WE WILL SEE !

Doak450r
08-17-2009, 11:25 PM
WE WILL SEE !

saying andersons ground game isn't that great, especially since he's a blackbelt under the nog's is a pretty ignorant thing to say. Can i ask you who has better bjj than anderson at 185 or 205 in the ufc. maia, machida who he isn't going to fight, leites which was one of the worse fights i have seen, that all i can think of. I think he has some of the best bjj in those two divisions, not the best but deff top 5.

dehner47
08-18-2009, 07:53 AM
dude, if you have ever done, trained or talked to anyone who had done or tried BJJ (done it for 2 yrs) then you'd understand if you are holding a black belt, you are no joke. BJJ is one of the hardest fors of martial arts to get a black belt in. yes a black belt can be a bit dif from camp to camp cause there are no set guide lines on how you get it. the teacher/ trainer determines if you are ready to move up a belt or not. so, silva holds a black belt in BJJ under the nogeria brothers. and trust me, they are not ones to give a black belt to someone for the fun of it. the dude has def ground skills. besides, you choked out one of the worlds best greko roman wrestlers in dan henderson. thats no easy task. one to choke him let alone take this @$$ to the ground and take his back.

yes i agree the ground is andersons "weak" spot. but still, not as "weak" as some of yall think.

and finally some one threw in there travis lutter. travis lutter is one of america best BJJ practitioners. he is no joke. conditioning sucked from cutting weight (actually didn't even make weight) but still, that doesn't take away the fat he is a BAD DUDE on the ground. hence how he mounted silva. but if you wantch, lutter drops like 20-30 bombs on silva from the top, but silva some how does his anderson silva bobbin and weaving and only gets hit a few times. yes he was bobbin and weavin. on his back. thats no easy task when a dude like travis lutter is trying to make it rain on ya with fists and elbows..

reptikes
08-18-2009, 08:57 AM
Andersons ground game is his biggest WEAKNESS other than only being a productive counter striker ! HE WAS SCARED TO GO TO THE GROUNG WITH THALES! That means he himself doubts his ground skills (there is probably a reason he doubts his ground game). Just think about it.

And Travis Lutter... If Lutter would of had Cardio he would have won PERIOD! Lutter had NO strength, power, or speed behind those punches... he was gassed COMPLETELY.

And Henderson was gassed, he more or less gave up. If henderson stays at 185, we shouldn't see him gas like that again.

And Maia will not beat Silva! He's done nothing to prove otherwise. He submitted a couple nobodys nothing more.

JLanphear
08-18-2009, 09:05 AM
HE WAS SCARED TO GO TO THE GROUNG WITH THALES!

Scared is a strong word. He was def. wise to keep things standing. It was a terribly boring fight, but he knew he was going to win. Why take it to the ground and risk it?

I'm not arguing how good or bad his ground game is, I'm just saying why would he go to the ground with a ground specialist with limited striking skills?

reptikes
08-18-2009, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by JLanphear
Scared is a strong word. He was def. wise to keep things standing. It was a terribly boring fight, but he knew he was going to win. Why take it to the ground and risk it?

I'm not arguing how good or bad his ground game is, I'm just saying why would he go to the ground with a ground specialist with limited striking skills?

Myself i like to stand and bang. There is NO WAY that im going to be hesitant or intimidated to stand and bang with someone in my wieght class. Im not thinking about how many people you've knocked out or how hard or fast you hit, im thinking about taking your head off. Maybe he doubts himself i dont know? What i do know is that he was not willing to go to the ground with a guy that i think he would have beat no matter where the fight went.

dehner47
08-18-2009, 09:22 AM
i totally agree about with a reptikes on maia not beating anderson. will never happen. i'm with you on that one.

now, about these guys being gasses. isn't that part of this sport we call MMA? part of it is being able to out last the rest of the guys. just like quad racing. if i go out there and lead a pro moto and only last a lap cause i'm gassed, do i have a right to say that i shoulda coulda or woulda won. no i dont. cause i didnt train harder then the next guy and he beat me. fair n square. samething in MMA. if ya dont train hard enough, you gonna loss. no questions asked. and thats what hando and lutter both had go wrong. anderson was in better condition and he won. peroid.

and as for anderson now wanting to go to ground with thales, can you blame him. the idea behind fighting is to find your oponents weakness and exploit them. he knew he would loss on the ground so he didn't want to take it there. a fighter doesnt have to go to ground if he dont want to. thales would just lay down, wait for him and anderson said f**k that. he knew thales's ground was better then his. totally agree. cant blame him for not wanting to grapple with him. just like thales kept falling to the ground cause he knew he had nothing for anderson standing. so they both played that game. but in MMA, if one doesn't want to go down, they stand up. not other way around. thats the rules and a true champ (still dont like dude) uses the rules to his advantage. its part of the game..

madskrillz2
08-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Exactly what everyone else has said. Why would you fight someone at their strong point? That's just moronic if you don't have to. Why don't you just accept that you have no idea what you're talking about and stop?

reptikes
08-19-2009, 07:08 AM
I just haven't been impressed lately with Andersons performances. I do believe him and Cote would have been what the fans were waiting for. Cote took a striaght (harder than Irvins) to the face and a vicious knee to the face... and didn't get hurt or the slightest bit dazed. Cote has the chin to fight Anderson and make it worth watching, but can he dish out what he can take?
On another note: you won't see LWC-Penn, WWC-GSP, LHWC-Machida, or HWC Lesnar scared to go WHERE EVER the fight goes!
You can probably take that to the bank and cash it!!

madskrillz2
08-19-2009, 07:35 PM
I don't know where you're getting scared from. Have you not read the past 4 or 5 posts? Why would you go to your opponents strong point unless you have to. I guarantee if any of those champs could avoid their opponents strong point, they would.

Doak450r
08-20-2009, 01:15 AM
I just haven't been impressed lately with Andersons performances. I do believe him and Cote would have been what the fans were waiting for. Cote took a striaght (harder than Irvins) to the face and a vicious knee to the face... and didn't get hurt or the slightest bit dazed. Cote has the chin to fight Anderson and make it worth watching, but can he dish out what he can take?
On another note: you won't see LWC-Penn, WWC-GSP, LHWC-Machida, or HWC Lesnar scared to go WHERE EVER the fight goes!
You can probably take that to the bank and cash it!!

Ok say GSP fights anderson some day do you think he would tand and trade with him, or try getting the takedown and G&P'ing like he's been doing to his last few opponents? Because i don't think he would stand with him, that doesn't make GSP scared because he doesnt want to keep the fight standing, it makes him a smart fighter trying to get the win. Also look at lesnars last fight with mir, the fight was on the feet mir rocked brock with a knee and brock took him right down, before the fight brock said he was gonna keep the fight standing. What happened is he got hit good so he went back to his strong point which it wrestling and won the fight. How you can say anderson was scared to go to the ground with leites is rediculous.

TheIceMan
08-21-2009, 04:51 AM
He can be funny too :devil:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w5zjL05yn3Q&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w5zjL05yn3Q&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

reptikes
08-21-2009, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by TheIceMan
He can be funny too :devil:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w5zjL05yn3Q&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w5zjL05yn3Q&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

My sound don't work... but that was still AWESOME!

dehner47
08-21-2009, 11:31 AM
haha he's got the ice man down perfect. even better is the bruce lee impression he does. great video.

madskrillz2
08-21-2009, 07:43 PM
I think the Royce Gracie impression is the best. If you've ever watched him fight, that's exactly what he does.