PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Outlaw 450 MX

myersracing41
08-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Hey fellas, thought I would jump in here and ask if theirs anything or any common issues on the 08 450 outlaw MX versions? Uncle went and bought one today, its a new 08 left over.
Thanks Jason

swopesy
08-09-2009, 12:53 PM
ive had mine for a few months now and no major problems yet, rear plastics cracked on both side within 2 hrs of ride time, and sometimes when its wet doesnt wanna start, my killswtich connection is probably not the best though..maybe someone who has had theirs a bit longer can chime in, i love mine though selling my honda to put more money into it.. :)

thgrteins
08-09-2009, 05:52 PM
I bought a leftover 525s about a month ago. I've ridden a couple times and haven't had any major issues - just your normal break in stuff - make sure you are tightening things up after a few hours of riding. Had my positive on the battery vibrate loose, had to tighten throttle cable, checked one brake as it was leaking a hair whenever I used the parking brake. I love the bike though - screamin fast!!!

coalrat
08-09-2009, 07:36 PM
MY battery positive side just came loose also, seems like iv'e heard this before too. no biggie though, just tightened it back up.

The suspension/handleing on the 450 might be a bit better than the 525 becouse of the front shocks and the 18" rear tires lower it some.

Many have jetting issues, and use the jd kits. mine runs great with stock keihen jets.

Mines due for a a arm bushing replacement, going to try epi bushings.

The air box is small, but mostly the stock filter material is less than to be desired. There are some replacements for this now. mine is a clamp on twin air, and i still use the complete box with some mods done to it. NO-TOIL makes a direct replacement now.

KTM engines require more maintainance, but are fairly easy to work on IMO, oil needs changed more, with 2 filters and 2 screens cleaned.

myersracing41
08-09-2009, 08:50 PM
So looks like basic break in issues. I rode it in a very tight area today, really tight couldnt even get into 2nd. The Fox shocks are nice with a 2 stage spring setup.

Im going to get him started on the exhaust and filter. Does anyone drill the factory pipe? It looks very restrictive. Also the cooling fan kicks in often but it was 90 something today and humid.
He wants some nerfs pretty quick, who's are the best fit for these?

Thanks for the replies.

thgrteins
08-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Haven't bought them yet, but planning on some nerfs from Rath.

coalrat
08-09-2009, 09:32 PM
I Bought the heal guards direct from REM off of ebay, the nerfs kept going high so i got them from polaris. PRM makes them too i believe, along with some mighty good bumpers and rear grabs, racks.

A slip on is the way you want to go, dont drill

swopesy
08-10-2009, 07:17 AM
ya i had the battery cable problem as well forgot about that, and i bought rath nerfs right away, had them on everything else ive had and its the best ive used so far, and the airbox and filter setup is really annoying as well as restrictive, ive read that the rath intake kit was good so i recently ordered one too, i know theres a bunch of other good intakes out as well, all much better then stock

geiber
08-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Rath nerfbars are the best hands down, and when i bought my quad from rath they just had it set so as soon as you turn the key on the fan kicks in. and my positive battery cable cmae loose to ha.