PDA

View Full Version : Std Bars or ATV

Ed Canvasser
01-09-2003, 12:31 PM
Going to replace bars on my 250X. I was going to get some bars made by FLY for ATV (aluminum w/ crossbar) which look to same height, length, bend as stock. But, as I review pictures of quads on this board I've noticed most are setup with motorcycle type height bars. Is this recommended?

infantry317
01-09-2003, 02:12 PM
I just bent my Flys a few weeks ago (they made thru 4 slow rolls but the 5th got em). I replaced with Tag X-5 CR double-hi's.

Ed Canvasser
01-09-2003, 09:40 PM
Anyone else? Curious about higher ATV bars or lower bike bars. How do you choose?

4TraxRider
01-10-2003, 10:29 AM
How did your stock bars feel. If they felt too low, tehn get higher bars, or if they felt high, get lower bars.

REC
01-10-2003, 12:38 PM
the Renthal TRX bend is a good all around bend. I like the Renthal ATV Race bar. Its a little lower and not swept back quite so much.
Good Luck

hsr
01-10-2003, 12:45 PM
in my opinion i would definatly reccomend putting a set of fly bars on your quad, i've been running them know for two years and i feel that they are of just as good of quality as any other bar on the market today...i have the lower motocross style bars on mine, they take a little getting used to but after a couple of rides you'll love em. I think they look cooler too:devil :blah

01-10-2003, 08:01 PM
i beleive a certain ex rider had his fly handlebars come off in his hand, if u race mx get lower bars ,they fit the riding position better, if u do xc or freestyle go with higher bars, they wont hurt yer back as much in a long xc race , the higher bars give my 400 the feel of a dirtbike and its much more comfortable for hitting jumps i race alot too and its pretty comfy, go with msr dominator quad bend, thats what i have no problems, if not then go with there cr high bend