PDA

View Full Version : weird motor issue?

bob gnarl
08-08-2009, 06:14 PM
my question is my connecting rod seized and my cylinder sleeve and piston look good ,And there is chunks of metal down in the crank but i dont know from what! but whats really wierd is that it got so hot that it cantaloped my cylinder head. huge crack all the way across the top of it and its raised by an 8th of inch from itself on one half like total combustion!! Anyway do you guys think its from the waterpump goin out? thanks in advanced!! BY THE WAY its 86 250r

bob gnarl
08-09-2009, 09:45 AM
BUMP!! CMon guys help me out!!!

brokenmike
08-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Dont know about the water pump but those chunks should be from your big end rod bearing

RyanWsly
08-10-2009, 03:14 PM
possibly the thrust washers off lower bearing or lower bearing itself, crack may have started from impact damage from debris, dents dings anything in the head?

bob gnarl
08-10-2009, 06:13 PM
yeah the cylinder head blew up! on the outside is split all the way across it and is raised about a 8th of inch or so( looks like the san andreas fault line LOL!!) and the inside is just riddled with hairline fractures and cracks. its some crazy sh*t ive never blown up a top end like that before. but the cylinder sleeve looks great however i did notice a small chunk of my piston had broke off so thats why the cranks stuck now. but i dont understand how it got so hot??? it blew that machined fitting off the cylinder head for the coolant line right out!!