PDA

View Full Version : hope this helps (CARB)

woodsracer00
08-08-2009, 10:19 AM
I had a carb issue like what alot of others had. This is how i ended up fixing mine. First do not use carb cleaner on any part of your carb, exspecially the slide, 1 it will remove the coating but 2 it will cause the o-ring to swell, in which causes air leak and stiff throttle. Secound make sure that when and if you seperate the slide pieces that the triangle goes to the top, in my oppion it is a piss poor design, it should be made to go on one way, to limit confusion for the least mechanically inclined, but for the mechanically inclined it slipped by me. my final out come was. I installed the power shot, easy pull spring, new slide o-ring, 48 pilot, 162 main, tusk air fuel screw, slide put in correctly. It lost 95% of the bog. When riding there is no bog what so ever but if sitting still every once in a while if you stab the throttle it will take a brief milli secound to respond. One other way to tell if the slide was put in wrong is I had no adjustment with my idle nob. i hope that this will help others. I noticed alot of the help me adds, they want all the info but hardly ever respond back to what was the cause of the problem to help others.