PDA

View Full Version : Front end width for MX

QuadJunkies
08-08-2009, 12:36 AM
Just curious what some good widths are for the 250 for MX with running a 4/1 0ffset wheel ?
I havent read up on sets ups yet, but thought Id ask. We have some ideas but doesnt seem to be alot of info out there?
Gonna be working on a project very soon so valuable imput would be great! :)
Ya'll running +3?? Do you run a 4/1 offset with a +3? Do you feel the front end could be wider?
What kind of USEABLE travel are the shocks all getting?

QuadJunkies
08-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Anyone??

Also... hows the big bores been holding up?

CreoRacing
08-22-2009, 09:01 AM
Well I'll talk to you! Creo has been running the Lonestar +3 +1 set up with the stock offset (48" wide) for 8 months now and it has been a good width for both mx and the WORCS/TPQ3. I don't think you want to go any wider. Sorry we don't have any info on the big bore stuff, it will be a LONG TIME till we need to go that route. It's about time Brandon gets on something bigger!!

QuadJunkies
08-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by CreoRacing
Well I'll talk to you! Creo has been running the Lonestar +3 +1 set up with the stock offset (48" wide) for 8 months now and it has been a good width for both mx and the WORCS/TPQ3. I don't think you want to go any wider. Sorry we don't have any info on the big bore stuff, it will be a LONG TIME till we need to go that route. It's about time Brandon gets on something bigger!!

haha- I know! :p
Troy and I have always been big believers in keeping the kids on the minis as long as we can to make them better riders and not rush.. but now Brandon tries to ride his like a shifter at times so I think hes ready.:)

Your info helps me alot! We would like to put together a suspension set up that is based off a 4/1 offset for better handling and I think we have got it figured out what to do,just need to make a few overall measuremnts on dimenions and where to go on getting best overall useable travel.. Troy looked at a few things last weekend and it gave some ideas but where there doesnt seem to be too much info out there on the Raptor yet, I thought I would just ask everyone.
Cant wait to start the build.. I think this one is going to be fun! The first thing we are working on is modifying the stock frame before we even ride it !