PDA

View Full Version : Art Racing Annual Effort, "Every Day ALL STAR"

mxquad31
08-07-2009, 06:31 AM
I'm watching the 2009 MLB Home run Derby, the worlds best players and highest paid hitting the ball into the stands. These players have worked hard all their life to get to this point. The title sponsor, a company I work for donated $665K to the Boys & Girls club.

Let me introduce you to the newest ART racing (Ability Riders of Tomorrow) member, David Serock from Vanderbilt Pennsylvania. No, David isn't a MLB home run hitter, nor is he an ATV pro racer. David is a bright 6 year old that enjoys fishing, camping, watching monster trucks, watching wrestling, and playing baseball. What makes David a unique kid, he was born with CP (Cerebral Palsy) but doesn't let anything hold him back. Davids favorite thing to do most of all, ride ATV's.

David has endured 6 major surgeries in his 6 years of life (Botox injection's multiple times, restraint therapy, derotational osteotomy of his legs, Achilles tendon lengthening, and a hip lengthening this past march where he spent 6 weeks in a full cast). David worked hard 2 times a week in physical therapy for 6 years.

Through all of his pain, David kept a positive attitude, a big smile on his face, and straight A's in school.

David's first and only ATV was a (Kazuma overseas knock-off) that basically fell apart, leaving David discouraged.

So when my article came out nation wide in American Profile magazine in April, David's mother Heather contacted me (heather1382@yahoo.com).

ART racing thinks David matches all criteria of ART's mission, and will help David regain his passion for riding ATV's.

David's family belong to a campground (http://www.campfourseasonsresort.com/) where riding ATV's is very popular. David would enjoy riding with his family and friends.

The GOAL: To find a youth ATV (90cc) and matching safety gear. David doesn't care if the ATV is new or used. He just wants to ride! The only modification that will need to be made is moving the thumb throttle to the left side. This will require some special modification. My great sponsor Rich Hetrick of Hetrick racing agreed to have a billet one made.

Todd Macke will race the Ironman class at the 10 Hour Heartland Challenge August 22 (http://heartlandchallenge.com/) to raise the awareness and funds to fulfill this dream.

David has already put in some 'sweat equity' by having a bake sale at his campground. David raised $105 to put towards this effort. David is also putting all of his money earned for making straight A's in school towards this effort.

What are you riding at this year's 10 hour and who's helping you?

Todd: I still have my 2005 ALBA YFZ 450. Last yeat I DNF'd the 10 hour around the 6 hour mark when my voltage regulator quit. I'm going to try my luck on a utility quad from the Shelton family. The ruts got deep last year and I got stuck a lot and wore my ams out lifting the quad off ruts. I'm looking for a pit crew at the 10 hour to turn wrenches, put gas in the tank, and slap me on my back when I leave....

How should people reach you that want to donate or help with your 10 hour effort?

Todd: Contact me via email (mxquad@hotmail.com), or my address is 116 Nevada Dr. Decatur IL 62526, or I can be found on Facebook, MySpace, or Twitter as Todd Ironman Macke. Donations of any kind will help this great cause. After the event, an article will be published detailing the results and support.

**** If anybody has any thoughts or ideas, please contact me.

--------------------

Todd Macke #31 ART Racing http://www.myspace.com/todd_macke
"2007 12 Hour IRONMAN class, 5th place 29 laps" sponsors: ALBA Action, KEITH Little Racing, FLY, Scott, SIDI boots, Outerwears, Rath Racing, FASST Co., TCS shocks, Durablue, ********.com, ATP Engines, John Natalie Jr Racing, Hetrick Racing, Decal Works, DirtWorks, BIG Daddy Motorsports, ITP, ART racing

"The only point of Failure is when YOU Quit"