PDA

View Full Version : Pit bike class rules??

blacknblue#2
08-07-2009, 01:47 AM
Ok well i picked up a sweet deal on a little bike. All my local races have a pit bike class but i have never paid any attention to it cause i really want interested. Well i found this bike and now im interested. My question is what kinda bike does it have to be to be considered a pit bike. I know some of my buddies bought those cheap orion 125CC bikes but i picked up a Suzuki DS80 and was just wonderin if i would qualify???? I dont plan on being competitive i just want to get out there and thrash around like those guys do haha.

kawabunga
08-07-2009, 07:02 AM
For the pit bike races around us, the classes were based on the rear tire and motor size. There was a 10" rear A and B. B was 125cc and under and A was 126cc and higher, not really skill based like district racing for letter use. Then there was a 12" rear class that was just open as far as motor was concerned. The majority of us running the races had 10" bikes with only a few guys running 12" as well, so it didn't pay to split them up, there weren't enough guys to justify it.
Hope that helps. :ermm:
I'm sure things are run differently elsewhere. But as far as I know, most places at least break up classes with rear tire size.

Ruby Soho
08-07-2009, 09:38 PM
in masters of mini we had like 15 classes.

wheel size, engine size, age, weight, womans, amount of mods etc..