View Full Version : Dyno in Wisconsin?

meqcard
08-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Does anyone know where I could find a dyno for atvs in wisconsin? Thanks

brif
08-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Where are you at right now? If you are really south, you could try FHK in freeport, Il.

witech
08-10-2009, 07:10 AM
Mikes cycles in appleton has a dynojet with tuning link for the efi quads. We are actually dynoing a couple cannondales this week if you want to join in the fun. We get special pricing for the Cannondale guys and those that come with us.

meqcard
08-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Awesome... I will definitely have to take my ltr to you guys. You do tuning aswell?

woodsracer144
08-25-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by meqcard
Awesome... I will definitely have to take my ltr to you guys. You do tuning aswell?

janssen does it as well i think...

witech
08-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Power pack in Marshfield has a new dyno jet we just tried out last week. It works great for tuning and the afr meter is very good but it seems to read about 10 horse power low. I think some settings need to be changed to match the others we use. They agreed to match Mike's prices for our group .
I will most likey be dynoing in a few weeks if you want get ahold of me . Do you have a power commander yet? They make tuning a snap.

meqcard
08-25-2009, 04:20 PM
Ya I do have a power commander, but im going to take my quad to Rossier. If it doesn't work out well there I will go to some other place. Thanks for all the info guys

honda400ex2003
05-16-2010, 02:43 PM
I had mine done at Rossier eng. in Plover. They just did hp and f/a though on their dj dyno they have. charged me 100 an hour and 50 to set it up. you have to either have spacers or run a wider axle though or you cant run on it. steve

woodsracer144
05-18-2010, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by witech
Power pack in Marshfield has a new dyno jet we just tried out last week. It works great for tuning and the afr meter is very good but it seems to read about 10 horse power low. I think some settings need to be changed to match the others we use. They agreed to match Mike's prices for our group .
I will most likey be dynoing in a few weeks if you want get ahold of me . Do you have a power commander yet? They make tuning a snap.

did you work with larry strangfeld there?? He's the one that set that whole system up and works there. He's my Girlfriends grampa... nice guy... and has alots of weird toys... haha

mx Eli
09-23-2010, 06:52 PM
janssen or rossier

honda400ex2003
04-13-2012, 05:22 PM
bump for an oldie, anyone run at rossier or janssen lately? hows powerpack doing over in marshfield?

any new ones around?

im thinking about heading down to rossier the first week of may if i can scrape up a hund fifty to go down and run.

Are they still doing it?

steve

mx Eli
04-13-2012, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
bump for an oldie, anyone run at rossier or janssen lately? hows powerpack doing over in marshfield?

any new ones around?

im thinking about heading down to rossier the first week of may if i can scrape up a hund fifty to go down and run.

Are they still doing it?

steve

go to fhk in freeport IL, around 100 bux and brian is a great guy. dyno reads alil low, janssen runs high, nvr been to rossier

honda400ex2003
04-13-2012, 07:11 PM
thanks for the info, sounds like a good place to run for that price.

im from northern wi so the extra 50 bucks to go to rossier would save me alot of time and gas. its almost 2 hours for me to get to rossier let alone any further south.

steve

mx Eli
04-15-2012, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
thanks for the info, sounds like a good place to run for that price.

im from northern wi so the extra 50 bucks to go to rossier would save me alot of time and gas. its almost 2 hours for me to get to rossier let alone any further south.

steve

oh yeah forgot your up nort there, i'v heard alot of good stuff about rossier from a couple ppl, keep us updated on how it goes

honda400ex2003
04-16-2012, 07:00 PM
ill let you guys know if they still do it sometime. im not sure if ill go or not. it will run me a couple of hundred at least by the time i drive down there and back. im not sure if it is worth it to get some numbers on the 400 again.

i ran 34.1 down there with a couple of years of run time on my 416 setup; a few years ago so it would be nice to see what i run with the 440 piston and 11:1 instead of 10:1 and 416. i probably have 4-600 miles on my my 440 now so it would be fun to see how it runs.

the owner was a great friendly dude but i wasnt really impressed with the dude that ran the dyno. he didnt really have any direction till i either asked or did it wrong. haha he just had a terrible attitude while i was there, not only did it make me uncomfortable, it made the work conditions uncomfortable and rushed to get it done as fast as possible.

i changed the tires myself, had to find them myself, pretty much did everything myself except run the dyno. I expected to do it all myself but having to find tires and jack stands myself in the garage was a bit irritating for the 50 bucks to use their tires for an hour. i understand that there is a fee and its not their job to work on my machine but it was just a bit of a turn off while i was there. i found out i couldnt run it the hard way after i sat down on my 400 to start it up and he thought i was going to run it, he definitely reassured me that i would not be doing any such thing. lol

the dude would leave for quite a while and i would have to go find him to tell him i was ready again after changing a jet which only took a few minutes to do at a time.

to him i was the annoying kid that was just getting in the way of his work bench time and was running a useless 400ex until he noticed that i ran 34 hp with a mild 416, then he took me a bit more serious. by that time i was already on my last run.

this experience was the reason for asking if jenssen still does it, it might be worth driving to marshfield to do it if the service is better and the price was a bit less.

im not sure if rossier is still 100 an hour or not, it might be (and probably is) more than that now. i paid that 2 years ago now in may of 2010.

[img=http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7978/dynorun416ex.th.jpg] (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/dynorun416ex.jpg/)

steve

mx Eli
04-16-2012, 07:59 PM
yeah thats the thing I try to avoid, FHK was recommended by a pro flat track guy I know and it turned out to be one of the best experiences I'v had, learned soo much just from talking to brian (runs the dyno) and even with me being 15 he still took me seriously and would take the time to explain things. he helped put tires on, did all the jetting and adjustments to ignition himself ( I lended a hand with getting tools and all that). we had to use a couple special tools i didnt have in our trailer, wasnt a problem used the dealers.

Its these kind of things that make me not mind paying alittle more.

but with you being so far north I understand the situation.