PDA

View Full Version : Sparks Racing 39mm FCR Help

thess92
08-06-2009, 09:42 PM
I just bought a used Sparks 39mm fcr and he told me it was off a modified 400ex well i put it on mine and it sputterd so i took the air box lid off and that help a little but now it wont start i give it some gas to rty to start and theres gas running out where the slip on goes on the headpipe and out of the bottom of my airbox breather. i know it shoulod be re jetted i was just wondering why its doing this

my 400ex mods are a stock bore and piston with a shaved flywheel, procircuit t-4 exhaust, big gun rev box and uni filter

drew416ex
08-07-2009, 08:54 PM
If gas running out like that, the float is probably stuck. Take the bottom of the carb off and clean it out. As far as jetting, call sparks and tell them what you have and they can give you a really close estimation of what jets you need. The main jet is the same kind as in your stock carb. The pilot will have to be ordered. I get mine from motorcyclecarbs.com. Find out what pilot and main you need and let me know. I may have an extra that I could sell you.

TRXRacer1
08-07-2009, 09:02 PM
I just tried that motorcyclecarbs.com and they say the site will be down for a month! Jets-R-Us is good and RMATV is selling jets now too.

drew416ex
08-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Well that sucks. RMATV doesnt sell the right pilot jet, but jetsrus does. The pilot is a n424-25

thess92
08-07-2009, 09:42 PM
thanks guys im gonna clean that out tomorrow and call sparks, thanks for the help