PDA

View Full Version : clutch noises

mbakes11
08-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Alright so I took the front clutch off and made sure the rollers were in place. When the clutch is together the piece that covers the rollers does not stay snug. I am able to pull that piece toward the cover plate with the screws that hold it together. I'm not sure if that is normal but it seems odd. Anyway with it all back together the front clutch makes some kind of tinking noise? I don't know if the rollers fell out of place but it is pretty bad. Also when I get moving and close to shifting or whatever it does the back clutch makes a horrible noise that seems to go away after I accelerate past it. I have taken it apart over and over with no luck at all?

LT80
08-07-2009, 07:41 AM
What's odd is that you pull the plate allowing the rollers to flop. In my other long reply, I stated that if the plate looses contact with the rollers that you have to remove and check the rollers for proper placement. When the front clutch is together(all parts installed on crankshaft), you will not be able to touch the roller plate let alone move it.

Rear clutch::So you have removed the sliding face and lubricated it? Sometimes it dries out and makes a noise.

mbakes11
08-07-2009, 02:07 PM
I did exactly what you said with the front clutch. I took it apart and checked the rollers and installed it. After everything was put together it still makes a tinking noise. Not all of the time but most of it. I will take the back clutch off and lube it to see if that is the problem.

mbakes11
08-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Ok so after taking the whole thing apart again........I come to find out that it hasn't been the front clutch. The back clutch is the one making the tinking noise and then when I take off it starts to make a horrible loud noise until it get ready to shift. When I slow down it starts to make the same noise at the same rpm's. I lubed the back clutch and it still does the same thing.