PDA

View Full Version : how can i add more power to a trx90 one the cheap side?

snobmxman101
08-06-2009, 07:00 PM
hello i am wondering how can i add more power to my trx90 for cheap with out using exhoust,bigbore kits?
(becouse they runi the motor over time becuse its making to much power than the motor can handle useing big bore kits and exhousts)
and i just want low end torque and mid range power ont top end stuff i just want torque ok thanks

matt14c
08-07-2009, 09:05 AM
Well its not for low end but if you cut the pink wire coming out of the coil or cdi it eliminates the throttle limiter giving more top end. Also get a KN and remove air box lid and rejet and it should help your low and mid range power and also help throttle response. By the way if jetted properly an exhaust does absolutely no harm to a motor.

miniquaddad90
08-07-2009, 09:16 AM
I couldnt agree more! An exhaust, proper jetting, uni or K&N, air box lid removed will do a lot for these. There is a lot of good exhausts that arent overly loud. I cant think of anything else that would help bottom end/torque with out uncorking it first. Good luck

snobmxman101
08-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by matt14c
Well its not for low end but if you cut the pink wire coming out of the coil or cdi it eliminates the throttle limiter giving more top end. Also get a KN and remove air box lid and rejet and it should help your low and mid range power and also help throttle response. By the way if jetted properly an exhaust does absolutely no harm to a motor.
thanks
and what jet size should i get?

snobmxman101
08-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by miniquaddad90
I couldnt agree more! An exhaust, proper jetting, uni or K&N, air box lid removed will do a lot for these. There is a lot of good exhausts that arent overly loud. I cant think of anything else that would help bottom end/torque with out uncorking it first. Good luck
me trying that next year when i get my trx90

snobmxman101
08-07-2009, 08:41 PM
and one more thing i cant remove the airbox lid becuse i go in mud on trial rides so yeah and what exhoust should i get? thanks

miniquaddad90
08-08-2009, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by snobmxman101
and one more thing i cant remove the airbox lid becuse i go in mud on trial rides so yeah and what exhoust should i get? thanks

There is no need to rejet if you are just going to put a K&N or Uni filter on it with the lid in tact.

We race Ohio & PA harescrambles and ride wet/muddy trails all of the time with no lid on either of our TRX90's. I do run an outerwear over the Uni filter at some races but not unless there is lots of creek/mud holes.

There are lots of good exhausts out there. CHP is great for big bore motors but I would recommend a Big Gun, Yoshi, or Powroll.

snobmxman101
08-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by miniquaddad90
There is no need to rejet if you are just going to put a K&N or Uni filter on it with the lid in tact.

We race Ohio & PA harescrambles and ride wet/muddy trails all of the time with no lid on either of our TRX90's. I do run an outerwear over the Uni filter at some races but not unless there is lots of creek/mud holes.

There are lots of good exhausts out there. CHP is great for big bore motors but I would recommend a Big Gun, Yoshi, or Powroll.
what is better? big gun ,yomashura fmf and poweroll? and what is cheapest?
or could i buy one of your trx90's?

matt14c
08-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Im kinda Big Gun bias I love there exhaust have one on my 90 and 400ex. It did alot for my little 90 I was kinda surprised considering there isnt much to work with there. I dont really know much about the poweroll and ive never really seen to much from yosh or fmf for the minis. If you look alot of big racers on here have the big gun on there 90s. Another one to look at is hetrick racing or robbs racing. Cheapest would prolly be fmf.

snobmxman101
08-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Im kinda Big Gun bias I love there exhaust have one on my 90 and 400ex. It did alot for my little 90 I was kinda surprised considering there isnt much to work with there. I dont really know much about the poweroll and ive never really seen to much from yosh or fmf for the minis. If you look alot of big racers on here have the big gun on there 90s. Another one to look at is hetrick racing or robbs racing. Cheapest would prolly be fmf.
thanks and i might change the stock gearing for a little bit more torque and put big gun exhoust and jet it for shure

Birddogg
08-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Don't go lower than a 13 on the front sprocket, go up a tooth or two on the rear instead. I always used 13 as the limit for all of my bikes. If you go any lower your chain will tend to wear faster.

I know that this probably isn't a huge issue with all the more power a stock 90 is working with, but I just thought I'd throw that out there. I'm sure you want to get the longest life possible out of your parts, so you want to keep the chain from severe bends.

miniquaddad90
08-09-2009, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by snobmxman101
what is better? big gun ,yomashura fmf and poweroll? and what is cheapest?
or could i buy one of your trx90's?

Thanks but not ready to sell any of ours yet. I think the big gun is the best bang for your buck on a stock based motor. You can find used big guns here or on ebay for typicaly $125 or less. Robb's racing and Hetrick also have very nice stuff, all depends on what you want to spend.

snobmxman101
08-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Birddogg
Don't go lower than a 13 on the front sprocket, go up a tooth or two on the rear instead. I always used 13 as the limit for all of my bikes. If you go any lower your chain will tend to wear faster.

I know that this probably isn't a huge issue with all the more power a stock 90 is working with, but I just thought I'd throw that out there. I'm sure you want to get the longest life possible out of your parts, so you want to keep the chain from severe bends.
well my chain doesnt realy matter be cse im getting a sidewinder smart chain so itll last longer

swamp
08-17-2009, 06:41 AM
Still looking for some power cheap

Cam and head

I dont have any cams i can part with but i do have a stock head that been ported. It helped loads. i will give you the head for 50 bucks u pay shipping.

i can even help with the cam if u need it (show u where to get one)

snobmxman101
08-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by swamp
Still looking for some power cheap

Cam and head

I dont have any cams i can part with but i do have a stock head that been ported. It helped loads. i will give you the head for 50 bucks u pay shipping.

i can even help with the cam if u need it (show u where to get one)

well i found half of a kawasaki kx80 motor at the dump for free so i just need top end and rebuild kit for it and i all so found a trx300ex frame with every thing except tires i guess i found everything i need and if you guys could help me find new mid/top end for the kx80 i would be super happy thanks

honda215
08-24-2009, 03:21 PM
still have this head????

snobmxman101
08-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by honda215
still have this head????
nope

swamp
08-27-2009, 07:31 PM
yep

boomer43