PDA

View Full Version : Just got an Ltr and need some help

Redrider99
08-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Well I raced when I was younger and stoped for a while but now iam 17 and got a nice ltr450 to race with. Its got the yosh cherry bomb, baffle out, full nerfs, douglas rear bead locks with razrs, and some tag bars. The quads in great shape and the guy took great care of it. when i went to his house he had 10 oil filters and a ton of oil on the shelf along with extra chains.

So what I want to know is what should I do to my quad to make it competitive. I know I have to put the shift pin relocater in and the teather kill switch but what else? should a run difrent sprockets and exhaust? just let me know what you all think

Thanks
Tyler

muddy400EX
08-06-2009, 05:30 PM
youve got most of it already. id get a full exhaust to go with that cherry bomb. and then later on get suspension. the stock shocks are pretty decent imo so u should be able to wait awhile

Redrider99
08-06-2009, 05:58 PM
What do you think about the gearing though? smaller sproket up front?

Dylan189
08-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Im gettin my ltr soon and im going to race in C class. It has a cherry bomb, removed baffle, no airbox lid, nerfs, and a kill switch. Thats all im going to have because this quad is already really fast. I plan on upgrading suspension first. I know a kid who dominated B class with these mods and a nice front end.

muddy400EX
08-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Redrider99
What do you think about the gearing though? smaller sproket up front?

up to you, if you think the extra torque would help go for it. i got stock gearing still and i like it pretty good

jkiserracing
08-06-2009, 08:21 PM
I went down 1 tooth on the front and it works well with that. Most of the time it seems that is rider preference. I also ride a Honda 450r so I was trying to make the gearing on my ltr similar to my Honda (which is to my liking) All though the front sprocket changes the gearing the most, its also the cheapest one to buy and easy to change out. I dont think I would go up a tooth but you might try going down 1 in the front just to see what you think. At least it wont cost alot and you will ahve a spare.

Redrider99
08-07-2009, 04:41 AM
yeah I was thinking about going down one.Iam going to do a race first then see what I need to do. Yeah Ill be racing C class to

jkiserracing
08-07-2009, 06:57 AM
If it seems to "bogG" off the line (if your racing mx) then definately try 1 tooth smaller.

Redrider99
08-09-2009, 07:21 AM
Iam going to get it tomorow and then have a race on august 23 so well see how it goes. Hopefully ill get down to breezwood sometime in the next 2 weeks

pitcrew
08-15-2009, 12:56 PM
ya i race flattrack and i had to go down one in the front because of boggin at the starts and it made a huge diff

Redrider99
08-15-2009, 02:27 PM
ltr never happened actually hahaha.i got a 450r instead