PDA

View Full Version : Twin Air to Make Airfilters for our Minis

bulldogfallon
08-06-2009, 01:15 PM
After months of going back and forth we convinced Twin Air to get into the mini market.

We love the Uni filters, but they seem to split too often for our comfort.

The Twin Air product seems to be a notch above and offer a high level of filtration.

Keep you posted as they become available

Logan #34's Dad
08-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Can you make sure they put a bend or elbow in it so it is not a straight shot. Reason: if the filter is pointed downward and gets wet the water will run to the end of the filter and drip off intead of going directly into the carb. Just my two cents.

thedeatons
08-06-2009, 07:03 PM
FYI I have been using No Toil filters for years on DRRs... Clamping them right onto the carbs for dune riding. They work great, and I have not lost one yet!

No Toil is USA made, and they only cost $19.95.

Not stumping for them or anything, I just thought I would let people know about other options....

James

08-06-2009, 07:21 PM
i've been using no toils for 2 years on my minis and 5 on my micro sprint engine builds they work great but i'm sure twin air will be also

skyeryder
08-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by thedeatons
FYI I have been using No Toil filters for years on DRRs... Clamping them right onto the carbs for dune riding. They work great, and I have not lost one yet!

No Toil is USA made, and they only cost $19.95.

Not stumping for them or anything, I just thought I would let people know about other options....

James

Do you have a part number??

born2ride14
08-06-2009, 09:18 PM
I have had 1 uni come apart on me and now i put a little electrical tape were the foam is bonded to the rubber, it keeps the foam from flexing

thedeatons
08-07-2009, 08:29 AM
The best thing to do is call Lura at No-Toil. Give her your required dimensions and she will ship your filter off. She will need the carb mouth OD, and the length you want.

James

humboldt hills
08-25-2009, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
After months of going back and forth we convinced Twin Air to get into the mini market.

We love the Uni filters, but they seem to split too often for our comfort.

The Twin Air product seems to be a notch above and offer a high level of filtration.

Keep you posted as they become available

That is good news! My son has a sponsorship with twin air for his ktm 85sx, and races drr, so now we can order both from them!

snowbalz
08-27-2009, 06:26 AM
Garry, How soon will they be in production ?