PDA

View Full Version : 2006 YFZ, No Start

sparky73
08-06-2009, 11:32 AM
I am trying to sell my YFZ since money is really tight right now. Well it was sitting by the road for about a week, and I had a guy call wanting to come out and look.

I walked out to the road, and it started right up.. no problem. The guy looked at it for a good 30 minutes and wanted to take it for a quick ride down the driveway before he handed over the cash.

Well, when he was almost back to the end of the driveway.. it stalled, and now I can't get it to start again. What the hell?

Where do I start? I had the same problem before and a plug under the front plastic had came undone, but that isn't the case this time.

It's got about 1/2 tank of fresh 93 Oct. and a brand new plug just this morning.

It is getting spark, and when I poured a tiny bit of fuel into the cylinder.. it started for maybe 1 second.

mxpimp2000
08-06-2009, 01:58 PM
not gettin any gas is what it sounds like..(dirty carb) or if its been sittin by the road for a week someone might of sugar ur tank or screwed with it so id watch that

heartattack01
08-12-2009, 03:47 AM
I'm gonna tell you right now, rip your carb out because it's more gummed up than a mouth full of peanut butter. I have a 2006 YFZ and if it sits for more than a week or so the carb gums up, it'll run great at first but as soon as the float bowl is empty it's game over. It won't take long at all, pull your float bowl off and pull the pivot pin for the floats. After you do that pull out the float needle, I guarantee it's all corroded. I'm almost certain that's your problem. Mine was so bad that my dealership put a chrome float needle in because up here in new england there's all kinds of additives in the gas that cause a varnish in the carb right quick. While you're in there you might as well pull all the jets and clean them. It shouldn't take you long at all. It'll probably take you more time to put the carb back on then it will to clean it. Everytime I do this my quad runs mint! If you're still going to have your YFZ for a while just make sure you start it up and let it run for 5 minutes or so every couple of days or so. This makes sure the fuel doesn't have time to varnish anything. You can also put in some fuel stabilizer, just make sure it runs through the whole system.