View Full Version : Who makes engine?

thgrteins
08-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Who makes the engine for the Polaris 90 kids quad - specifically a 2002 Sportsman 90? Also, I'm pretty sure that with these kids quad they are the same engine and chasis whether or not they are the sportsman or predator 90, right? Trying to pick up another kid quad for the family and just doing some research. Thanks.

Logan #34's Dad
08-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Yep, you are right. The engines are Yamaha Jog based engines. If you get one for a DRR or Apex or Polaris or Eton ect. they are all basically the same. Now, in '02 DRR had a long cased engine "Herr-Chee" that was also on an Artic Cat.
Whatever you buy should fit into your chasis. All this is IF your talking two stroke.
You can pick one up on here or Ebay or Craigslist at a reasonable cost especially if your not racing it.

BradLoomis
08-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Aeon motors built the 02 Scrambler X and all of the Predators for Polaris, so I would believe that the Sportsmans were also.

Like was stated before, they are all pretty much the same. I have swapped Kasea, E-ton, DRR and Polaris motors around. The only thing on Kasea and E-ton's, is I had to space out the case slightly to make the rear bolt on mount fit right. But truthfully, I did that with all of my motors so they would fit between all of my race quads. I didn't like squishing the motor mounts.