PDA

View Full Version : ATV Riding in PA!!!

techblaster
08-05-2009, 01:08 PM
What is up fellow PA riders? New to this group, thx for having me.

Anyway, was a prior Rausch Creek member, got too pricey for only using the park 2 to 3 times a year, great place though. I live about 30 minutes west of philly, love to travel around for decent places to ride, have a 10 year old son with a quad who likes to go with, etc. I was wondering is there any open, cool places to ride closer to me? We are all about an hour or two travel, no biggie for sure. I was checking out the RAC(Reading Anthracite) will probably look into that but what about Freeland? Anyone know more about this or where i can do some weekend riding, etc, where we will be left alone and can park the rover and trailer safely while we ride???

Thx much guys, and look forward to some responses and hopefully to make some new riding friends.

AND, see below attachment to share with you guys my custom blaster, figured you would wanna see what I ride to make sure I am worthy, haha...

late

Nash04
08-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Hey! RAC is great and not far from Philly, have friends from DE driving up here almost every weekend, we either go to Pottsville which is RAC or White Haven which is NE from Pottsville and they also have some good riding, hills and trails. Last week we went to Hazlebrook and besides the rain, it was fun. I'm usually at the club700xx website since I own a 700XX and this is where we usually make our decision towards where to go riding but almost every Sunday we go somewhere.

You can either get in touch with me or just post that you want to ride and someone will let you know what's happening thru this forum or thru the club700xx or theatvzone forum

techblaster
08-05-2009, 01:29 PM
So, with RAC, you have to apply for their permit correct? Now, do I have to HAVE my blaster titled and registered/insured to ride on that ground?

Also, tell me more about Hazleton, free? Good parking, etc?
More details???

Thx a ton bro for the reply.

Nash04
08-05-2009, 01:40 PM
RAC> Need to have the bike register and inssured and must physically get the permit in Pottsville.

WhiteHaven is free riding but where we park, it cost $20 per vehicle which is worth the cost, need to post onto club700xx for how to get to the parking area since it's privately own and some of our riders know the gentleman very good. Go to Bing.com/maps and enter either Hazlebrook or Whitehaven and you can see all the trails and hills thru either their satellite or Bird's eye view. The Coal mining area is private but they do not mind us riding there during the weekends. Again, I would create an account thru club700xx since this is where most of us are and can give you more info. We have some members that do not own a 700xx which is aok with us. I'm working the next 2 weekends but have some buddies going back this weekend of the club700xx forum

techblaster
08-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Thx Nash, you the man.

Pulled down the application for title/reg and am filling it out now.

What insurance do you use? how much yearly?

Can I add it to my car policy? (Erie)

Nash04
08-05-2009, 01:52 PM
I have mine insurance thru my car and it's only about $130 a year. it all depends on your atv.

Enjoy:cool:

techblaster
08-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Thx again Nash.

Anyone else feel free to chime in, especially if you have good places to ride in my area, thx!!!

techblaster
08-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Well, bad news, RAC does not allow, regardless of registration, etc, anyone under 12 years of age on the property. My son is only 10, even though he rides better than any 12 year old they still won't let him in, ouch...

Can't go there without him, right?!?!?!

Any other places in or around(within 2 hours) of philly area that we could play at?

sunco
08-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Lost trails in the Pocono's. Its fine for a few visits. Google it. Ya need a flag , they have one if you don't

techblaster
08-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by sunco
Lost trails in the Pocono's. Its fine for a few visits. Google it. Ya need a flag , they have one if you don't

Thx, been checking that out. Just looking for some places that will have some friendly play spots for my 10 year old as well, not all rocks and black trails, ya know???

sunco
08-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Go to lost trails then, they have a quarry pit to mess around. always check on youtube for vids. Plenty of rocks but its a good day trip just to say you've been even if you never go back. when my boys were younger I'd go on my own 1st to ck places out to make sure it would be good for them.

Nash04
08-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Lost Trails is very rocky.

sunco
08-06-2009, 08:03 PM
its only rocky where the rocks are :D
I know the rocks suck for the most part but any day of riding is better then no ride at all. Thanx for the link

techblaster
08-07-2009, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by Nash04
Lost Trails is very rocky. Check Woodbine, NJ under www.bing.com/maps then go to bird's eye view, they have sand dunes there. Was told that it's not a "legal" place but the cops don't bother you unless you're being a jerk. It's north of Wildwood.

Do you know of any whereabouts to begin here, looks like a big place with alot of industrial, etc. Thx

GNCC GROVE
08-12-2009, 06:50 AM
I just went riding at a place perfect for you guys, might be a little more than 2 hours but I think you'll like it. maybe 2.5 hours. heres a link http://www.willowhillcampandtrail.com/willow_hill_camp_and_trail_homepage.html

techblaster
08-12-2009, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by GNCC GROVE
I just went riding at a place perfect for you guys, might be a little more than 2 hours but I think you'll like it. maybe 2.5 hours. heres a link http://www.willowhillcampandtrail.com/willow_hill_camp_and_trail_homepage.html

Very close travel estimate:

Driving directions to Willow Hill Family Camp and Trail, LLC
155 mi – about 2 hours 39 mins

Thx for the info!!!

sully55
08-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Nash04
Lost Trails is very rocky. Check Woodbine, NJ under www.bing.com/maps then go to bird's eye view, they have sand dunes there. Was told that it's not a "legal" place but the cops don't bother you unless you're being a jerk. It's north of Wildwood.

ALL riding in New Jersey is illegal, and you will be fined, or have your ATV impounded. Stories of cops looking the other way are FALSE.... and now that you listed this spot, Im sure the cops will be patroling heavily. Please email spots, dont publicly post them. Thanks