PDA

View Full Version : Help Quick!!

Dylan189
08-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Ok so my friend gave me his quad to fix because he had gotten a cracked case on the chain side. All the oil leaked out and he has no idea what oil even is. So he kept riding and the quad just stopped. It doesnt start and the kick starter is extremely to kick. So i got and here is the important part. No metal shavings in what is left of the oil or oil filter and the engine is stuck. I took off all nessasary bolts and the top cylender or the head wont come off. Why is this.

shane071489
08-05-2009, 10:18 AM
might sound like a dumba haha but its always hard to get it off they seal good have you tried hard i dont know to much so this might not even be useful haha

Springbok
08-05-2009, 10:35 AM
For your info. The head takes 4 long bolts and 2 x 6mm allen capscrews. If the piston did'nt get cooling from the oil spraying under it,it might have seized in the cylinder,but the head should come off with no problem.

Dylan189
08-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Its an lt230 so there is a very top piece where the camshaft is and the cam chain which came off easily. Ive taken an engine apart before but never was it this hard. And yea im pretty sure its siezed but idk why it wont just come off.