PDA

View Full Version : Where to mount pegs for nerfs?

TEAMSTROBEL
08-04-2009, 05:28 PM
I just bought a set of ac racing nerfs for my son's 2005 eton viper 70 off of etondaddy (Mike) who was great to deal with i might add and went above and beyond by putting a fresh coat of powdercoating and clear on them...but he suggested i put a post on here on where exactly to mount the pins needed to install the nerfs to...does anyone have any insight as to the measurements where the pins should be welded to the frame so they fit good and we have no rubbing from front wheels or any other issues?

etondaddy
08-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Come on man you mean there's no E-Ton's left out there....lol. Let me get ahold of Joe (kylie'spitcrew). I got him a E-Ton frame once and had a buddy weld on the pins for the nurfs. The nurfs shipped today....UPS they should be there tomorrow. If you don't like the PC let me know I'll redo it............:mad:

Mike Kozura

TEAMSTROBEL
08-06-2009, 06:53 AM
Thanks for powdering them over man...dont sweat it at all...by the 2nd ride all that work you did will prob be scuffed off anyway...ha ha...hope those Sam Adams went down smooth...hopefully someone will help us out with where to weld those pegs on...

08-06-2009, 07:50 AM
on your cross brace towards your swinger on the bottom of frame. is where your back peg welds on then measure the distance inbetween the front peg mount and the rear mount and weld another peg for your front but make sure your front or rear tires dont hit. good luck

etondaddy
08-07-2009, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by TEAMSTROBEL
Thanks for powdering them over man...dont sweat it at all...by the 2nd ride all that work you did will prob be scuffed off anyway...ha ha...hope those Sam Adams went down smooth...hopefully someone will help us out with where to weld those pegs on...

Just look at the pics on the nurf post........I can't get ahold of Joe it's been a month since he's be on Riders....??? hope he's ok. I think Toby's right also. Looks like the front one is were the front motor mount is on Kyle's old frame.

Mike Kozura

etondaddy
08-07-2009, 08:53 AM
I found this pic of Joes frame. The marks show the center of the pins. I'm sure the welder dude you know will figure it out. I found two of the pins AC Racing sends you there 5/8 id and 1 1/16 od. I heard of alot of people useing 1/2 black pipe. The lenth is 4"

Mike Kozura

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/100_1164.jpg

kylie'spitcrew
08-09-2009, 02:47 PM
I can send you pics if you need them or just measure whats on the quad. send me your e-mail address and I'll send you what ever you need. Hey Mike all is well here just working to much. Hope you guys are doing well.
Joe

etondaddy
08-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by kylie'spitcrew
I can send you pics if you need them or just measure whats on the quad. send me your e-mail address and I'll send you what ever you need. Hey Mike all is well here just working to much. Hope you guys are doing well.
Joe

Good to here from yea Joe glad to here everythinks OK....doing good here. I'm going to text him now and tell him to get a hold of yea if he needs help.

Mike Kozura