PDA

View Full Version : Man I aint no landscaper!

Pappy
08-04-2009, 05:20 PM
We have had this project waiting on us for a few months. I finally said screw it since today was dead and decided to tackle it.

It has 2 ponds and a stream connecting them with 4 waterfalls. The landscaping is next but will have to be done over the coming months

Hats of to you "Mr. landscaper type dudes!"

http://kenhill.smugmug.com/photos/611141380_P7XKS-XL.jpg

mrusk
08-04-2009, 06:17 PM
You should of called me pappy. This is my current project.

hondariderdylan
08-04-2009, 06:22 PM
i worked on a landscape crew over this past summer and we did some stone work

not fun, at all:scary:
at least when you start doing the rest of the yard around it it will be kinda cool, i had to to it in 110 degrees with about 85% humidity

byrdman37876
08-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
We have had this project waiting on us for a few months. I finally said screw it since today was dead and decided to tackle it.

It has 2 ponds and a stream connecting them with 4 waterfalls. The landscaping is next but will have to be done over the coming months

Hats of to you "Mr. landscaper type dudes!"

http://kenhill.smugmug.com/photos/611141380_P7XKS-XL.jpg

I've seen worse. i did landscaping for about 2 years, fixed a few yards in wears valley (pigeon forge).

nothing but Damn rocks and roots.

Pappy
08-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by mrusk
You should of called me pappy. This is my current project.

LOL...I think your a bit out of my budget:p

All the rocks we gathered from our creek, the rest we just made due with. I will finish the landscape work as teh summer goes on and next spring it should all grow in and look like anice little mountain stream:D

catch22blaster
08-04-2009, 06:59 PM
haha Thanks pappy, I love my job haha.
I like ur rock fountain its looking good man. Cant wait to see what it all looks like when its finished

jcv400ex
08-04-2009, 07:07 PM
Hmmmmm, looks uneven. :ermm:

:blah: I hate doing that crap. I demo and let the wife finish it of...

honda350r
08-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Can't you photo shop it ?

Pappy
08-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by catch22blaster
haha Thanks pappy, I love my job haha.
I like ur rock fountain its looking good man. Cant wait to see what it all looks like when its finished

Thanks Matt. I dont have a ton of skills in this department so its a big deal for me:D

I needed a water bath for my bird photography, but couldnt stomach the idea of a standard store bought bath. This should give them what they want and I should be able to get natural looking shots.

I would PS plants and flowers in, but that wont help me decide where or what to plant that best suits the foreground and back ground for photography. I will spend a few weeks looking at the light and use a program to figure out what arc the sun will take during the spring and fall times, then plant away....all natural stuff thats usually found here and along streams so it remains natural looking.

Gotta think small, I only need an area a bit bigger then a small bird at a time to make it look real....but it has to be realistic and functional for them to use it

http://kenhill.smugmug.com/photos/609205801_CgTFP-XL.jpg

catch22blaster
08-04-2009, 07:37 PM
haha ur welcome. and yea for sure. well for ur first time doing this its looking pretty good. And yes i no what you mean bout the mums, schrubs n grasses n all that fun stuff plant stuff. but ya im sure once you get all the plant material in there it will look fantastic an that picture of the bird on ur landscape will look sick. I tell ya ur new camera is simply amazing. thats gotta be the most high deff picture camera ever. i remember u posted that thread bout ur new camera an i was like wow i mean every possible detail is there you can see it plain as day. I bet ur really happy you invested an got that sweet camera haha.

Pappy
08-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Yeah its doing good, even survived me falling on it and my big lens in Massachusetts last week at a MX race:ermm:

Kind of hard getting up wondering if you just ruined $10,000 worth of camera and lens:(

catch22blaster
08-04-2009, 07:51 PM
haha wow thats no good at all. im glad it survived to that would be horrible for sure. ya i bet when u got up u were like o man did that seriously just happen

Pappy
08-04-2009, 07:53 PM
I usually have a pretty good grip on my cameras, I treat them like my rifle...if I go down, they are protected.....but the crap I was in was as slick as owls **** and i didnt realize I was in it until I was on the ground:p

I fell on one last year at a GNCC, snapped the flash off it and cracked the LCD screen. I geuss gettinga way from the finish line is hazzardous....but i gotta get that shot:devil:

catch22blaster
08-04-2009, 07:57 PM
haha thats funny stuff. yea the things you do to get that perfect shot or that crazy finish shot haha. but yea i dont know how u do it all the time. i no when im out racing ill see u in a corner next lap ur like half track away from where u were last lap haha. obviously its intense so i guess falling down happens sometimes lol =P

Pappy
08-04-2009, 07:59 PM
I used to think that the day after a race was hard, now I think I should race again, as Im more tired after covering an event then racing in it:p

Walk, run, what ever it takes most of the time...keeps my figure in check:p

catch22blaster
08-04-2009, 08:13 PM
heck ya. thats all you gotta do. keep up the good work an awesome photography. I dont no when ill see you again. prolly bartosek race in sept hopefully ill have something to ride

Keystone_Rider
08-04-2009, 09:29 PM
Hey Pappy, what kind of racing you think of doing again? Been thinking about getting into some of the Harescrambles and GNCC races since i'm slowly converting my 08 LTR for woods. I'm almost 41 and gotta decide what class i want to race in. Maybe I'll be competing against you.

Pappy
08-04-2009, 09:39 PM
You wont be competing against me:p My racing or even riding hard days are long gone. I fell out of my trailer a few years back and have a serious issue with my shoulder. It is gettingbetter, but at the expense of anything that is really physical that has to do with my shoulders. Just lugging my cameras around can bring me to tears at the end of a long day. There is no surgery or help I can get beyond cortizone shots and pain pills, both of which I rarely use or get.....

Running the GNCC's is tough if you intend on being competitive. Racing them for fun isn't so bad, but even in most of teh Vet or Senior classes, the guys haul major *** and are incredible.

I could win ...but I would have to kneecap every racer in the class and might even have to shoot a few of them:D

Pappy
08-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Was a bummer day.....new waterer/stream/pond contraption worked fine, but the birds didnt know what to think of it:p

http://kenhill.smugmug.com/photos/612137190_q5eQ3-XL.jpg

Keystone_Rider
08-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
You wont be competing against me:p My racing or even riding hard days are long gone. I fell out of my trailer a few years back and have a serious issue with my shoulder. It is gettingbetter, but at the expense of anything that is really physical that has to do with my shoulders. Just lugging my cameras around can bring me to tears at the end of a long day. There is no surgery or help I can get beyond cortizone shots and pain pills, both of which I rarely use or get.....

Running the GNCC's is tough if you intend on being competitive. Racing them for fun isn't so bad, but even in most of teh Vet or Senior classes, the guys haul major *** and are incredible.

I could win ...but I would have to kneecap every racer in the class and might even have to shoot a few of them:D

LOL, i love what you said kneecapping and shooting a few of them, lol.
As for your shoulder, i know they are damn delicate and it don't take much to mess them up for life. And usually never the same afterwards. Don't they have something better out there to lug around gear like a modified tool belt that goes around the waist made to carry cameras instead of the strap around the neck? Something like a holster? There gotta be something out there to take the weight off your shoulder.
About the old farts in the GNCC's, I'm aware they are pretty fast or clinically insane, but i'm mostly doing this fun and friendly competition (if there is such a thing as "friendly competition"). I've been following Glen Prichard in the super senior since he rides a LTR and is old as dirt like me. j/k
By the way, nice landscaping work, i just got done building a retaining wall with over 300 blocks. Not cheap at all and i can only imagine how much it set you back.

Pappy
08-05-2009, 08:03 PM
All those rocks we hauled up from one of our creeks...time and a sore back is all it cost:p

Quad18star
08-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Now I know who to call when I want my landscapping done. :)

Looks good Ken.

Pappy
08-05-2009, 09:01 PM
I am hoping that in a few days the birds will lighten up....

One of the Hummingbirds was giving me the mean look after I moved the feeder:chinese: :p

http://kenhill.smugmug.com/photos/612278801_jh33F-XL.jpg

mysticfalcon
08-06-2009, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by Keystone_Rider
Don't they have something better out there to lug around gear like a modified tool belt that goes around the waist made to carry cameras instead of the strap around the neck? Something like a holster? There gotta be something out there to take the weight off your shoulder.
Yup. You need a utility belt. and if youre going to wear that you might as well have the batman mask to go with it.
Batman the incredible race photographer

wvspeedfreak
08-06-2009, 05:19 AM
The incredible Shutter Man :cool:

usp4u
08-06-2009, 06:36 AM
:huh
That dirt could have been a jump. What a waste.

Pappy
08-06-2009, 07:52 AM
Well Cody used to be my camera holder....but now he shoots as well so Im back to humpin' my own gear:p

usp4u- we dont need no dirt here for jumps:p

ZeroLogic
08-06-2009, 11:26 AM
I'm more of a carpenter than a landscaper.:o

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a357/zerologic/Work/HPIM0703.jpg