PDA

View Full Version : New tires

Goob
08-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Well it's about time for some new tires I still have stock what would you guys recommend for me I mainly just trail ride but I also like riding wheelies and all that too lol anything will help thanks

matt14c
08-04-2009, 04:29 PM
You will hear mixed reviews on tires it really personal preference. I myself love my razr mx's but have also heard some good things from GBC and Kenda and of course ITP. You really cant go wrong if you stick with Maxxis, ITP, GBC, Kenda.

supernatural
08-04-2009, 04:40 PM
I have the hd's and haven't gotten a flat yet. My buddy has the razor 2's and he's got a few slashes on the side but nothing major yet. We ride alot of nasty trails and rocky stuff and I have to say I like both as far as performance and durability. The hd's seem a little heavy but I never got to feel the razor 2's of the quad. I'd buy either of these tires again when the time comes. I think the maxxis are more of an all around tire and the hd's are a sick trail tire. That's from my experiences and knowing how hard we ride and the stuff we go through and over. Hope it helps

07black400ex
08-04-2009, 05:28 PM
I have ITP GNCC's and have only had one flat and we ride some pretty nasty trails. They aren't as heavy as the HD's and in my opinion so far have been just as durable.

Goob
08-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks a lot guys you really helped a lot i just want to find a good dependable set that doesn't wear out too quick my stock have only lasted arounds five months lol I will defineltly look into what you have recomended

honda400ex2003
08-04-2009, 08:55 PM
I like my razrs a ton and have gotten some good usage out of them. I would look into the off brand type gbc tire that looks like the razr. i have heard they are just as good and less money. steve

Snipe
08-04-2009, 09:40 PM
I have ran Razr's on my DS650 ITP on my banshee and AMS brand on both 400's honestly there all a very good tire.

With the exception the AMS is about half price. but if you go to like www.rockymountainatv.com The razr and ITP are pretty much same price.

Goob
08-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Should I keep the same stock size or go up some

honda400ex2003
08-05-2009, 08:39 PM
it depends on what you ride on. if you want to ride on a mx track go down, rocky trails go up, stuff in between stay at the 20" you should be happy with that unless you are in need of different type of conditions. steve