PDA

View Full Version : LT80 - Will not Start

ATV Steve
08-04-2009, 03:45 PM
LT80 2006 will not start. Hit the start button...nothing. Here's what I know so far. Battery is good. Starter is good. Engine ON/Off switch is good. Key switch is good. Starter button is good. Foot brake safety switch is good. I've tested the selonoid. Big red wire is hot 12v. Red striped wire to starter is dead. Push the starter button and it should be hot(I think)...I get nothing. So at this point I jumped the starter and it turns over like a champ...but it still will not start. So it seems I have two problems. 1. a bad selonoid starter and 2. what the heck else I don't know. As for the second problem it acts like either no fire to spark plug or no fuel. Thanks for your input.

PS. It's been a tough week for toys. PS3 disk reader crashed...torque convertor for go-kart...and now the ATV.

LT Crazy
08-05-2009, 10:20 AM
I haven't had any trouble with it myself, but I think I would try checking the starter relay and also the signal voltage into it, as well as the ground to the entire system. I'll try and attach the wiring diagram which might help . After you get it to crank normally (without jumping direct to starter) you can probably weed out whether it's fuel or electric that's keeping it from starting.

Good luck.