PDA

View Full Version : Need Help on rebuild

ehorst33
08-04-2009, 01:43 PM
hey guys need a little help here, Im putting my build back together and ran into a problem. I didnt properly label my swingarm and rear shock parts when I took it apart. What I need help with is. is ther somehting that goes inbetween the swingarm and the frame where the bolt goes through and is there any part that goes where the engine mount and the swingarm meet. I looked for a manual but couldnt find one. Also close up pic of your swingarm might help. Everything else is done and put back together really anxious to get this back together to go ride

Dubois250r
08-04-2009, 02:47 PM
yes. the bolt goes through you swing arm frame and engine. I had the same problem.

ehorst33
08-04-2009, 02:52 PM
well i should be a little more clear, i know that the bolt gos through the swingarm and the mount but are there anything like spacers inbetween so the swingarm doesnt rub on the frame or mount. I have these little washer that have an edge on them( dunno how to explain them) and was thinking that's were they go. Close up pics would help me best im having a hard time explaining. bu

RyanWsly
08-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Washer with a seal built in it, goes on both sides of spacers on swingarm bearings/spacer area if it's older, newer just goes on outsides, swingarm is solid in middle on newer ones. Shocks have these also, they will just about only fit where they go because of the bolts and bushings. hope that helps

Dubois250r
08-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Ryan is right. I took a look at my bike when I got home and there washers/seal that goes on either side of the swinger for a total of four. If you need anymore help I can take a picture of it for you. Good luck

gandgracing
08-05-2009, 02:56 AM
Look at this. It should help you out.

http://www.yamahaoftroy.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=161841&category=ATVs&make=HONDA&year=1986&fveh=3744

ehorst33
08-05-2009, 06:23 AM
ok that helps me out greatly, last few questions, does that bearing move or is it suppose to be stationary, and should i buy one of those bearing kits of ebay or are they not worth it, and are there dust caps on the end i saw some pics that had dust caps but that diagram didnt have them

thanks for the help guys