PDA

View Full Version : snorkel removal

JKD03
08-04-2009, 12:56 PM
How do yall feel about removing the snorkel?? Will i gain anything from this and is it worth the risk of sucking something up?? thanks for the advice jason

Snipe
08-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Just taking the snorkel off completely? and just leaving the whole?

Might get a bit more airflow out of it but would leave ya setting pretty low if ya see much water or mud.

Would prob be easier to just drill some 1/4" or 1/2" holes in the lid and least that way it would be on top the box and not on the bottom.

If ya dont mind spending a bit money buy a outerwears filter and remove the lid completely. that would do the best and be the cheapest route.

If your looking for free the holes in the lid would be better than removing the snorkel and leaving just a hole.

08-04-2009, 03:05 PM
when you like to clean your quad real good or do work you will be so glad you removed it. it makes getting to things much easier when you dont have to wiggle it around to get th snorkel out

supernatural
08-04-2009, 04:48 PM
I cut a hole in the top of my airbox and put the ehs kit with an outerwear cover on it. I removed the snorkel completely and it looks much cleaner. To avoid the hole being there you get a cheap can of black spray paint, remove the top, put a bead of silicone around it and then slide it into the hole. (Actually fits pretty well) Then use the clamp that held in the snorkel to tighten around the spray can cap. Just dont tighten too hard or you will crack the cap. Once silicone caulking sets it will be fine and you should still leave the clamp on just to be safe. Looks clean and is definately easier to work on.

tri5ron
08-04-2009, 05:28 PM
the cap from a spray paint can fits the hole perfectly to make a plug.
Then do the drilled lid, or Outerwears thing.
K&N also makes a replacement lid, called a powerlid I belive.

on edit, ...Oops, I didn't see the above post :huh

honda400ex2003
08-04-2009, 08:58 PM
agreed with everyone above. get the lid if you can. EHS and K&N are both good lids. steve