PDA

View Full Version : I just rode a Predator

DESDAK4
01-08-2003, 09:29 PM
Well one of my friend just got back from home in MT with his Predator and he was nice enough to let me ride it. The ride was very short due to the fact that the wind is blowing like 40 miles an hour and it is cold as ****. We will be running mine and his together in the next week but, I think my EX is in a heep of trouble. This Predator is brand new with the Pure Polaris slip on (which is an E-series open ended) and was dynoed in MT at 51.8hp no lie. I went for a run up my road and this thing is just powerful I do not care what anyone says I was on it and it flies and I was not even able to get out of 4th with the room I had. Anyway I just wanted to start a thread so I can share as we compare mine to his over the next little bit.

Jay
USAF

Syrus
01-09-2003, 07:47 PM
Thats a good amount of hp turning out of that pred. But really how many more ppl are gonna make a "i just rode a predator" thread ?

Not be an *** but ive read like 40 already this month :rolleyes:

Ryan
01-09-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Syrus
Thats a good amount of hp turning out of that pred. But really how many more ppl are gonna make a "i just rode a predator" thread ?

Not be an *** but ive read like 40 already this month :rolleyes:

I don't see anything wrong with them. People who look forward in the future of buying these machines can read some of these threads and find out how it really performs. I perfer to read them :)

DESDAK4
01-10-2003, 05:11 PM
Syrus, I am just tring to give info, not argue with the people here because I really like this site but if you are tired of reading about the Predator you could stop opening the treads. I thought info on a new quad that I happen to have chance to run right next to an EX would be something everyone would like to know. I put the name of the machine in the title so if people didn't want to see anymore about it they could just skip so thanks for your input, I guess:rolleyes:

Jay
USAF

RED121572
01-18-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by DESDAK4
Syrus, I am just tring to give info, not argue with the people here because I really like this site but if you are tired of reading about the Predator you could stop opening the treads. I thought info on a new quad that I happen to have chance to run right next to an EX would be something everyone would like to know. I put the name of the machine in the title so if people didn't want to see anymore about it they could just skip so thanks for your input, I guess:rolleyes:

Jay
USAF

Not to worry there hoss, 90% of us appreciate that you took the time to tell us your thoughts on your test drive. I enjoying reading about when someone jumps on "any" machine for the first time and gives a little feed back.

sprocket226
01-18-2003, 08:04 PM
Hey DESDAK, are you in minot?

DESDAK4
01-18-2003, 08:45 PM
Yes I am in stationed here at the base.

RED121572, I don't worry to much about those kind of things I am just tring give the best info I can. We went out today and I can't believe the power that Predator put to the ground and my 400 has next to nothing for it after 3rd gear:( here it is.

Jay
USAF

jmoney45
01-18-2003, 09:05 PM
I actually got to see one of these up close today at the dealership and it looks like it was built to take some abuse. The axle looks pretty heavy duty, and the shocks look like they have a lot of travel. I would love to ride one of these.

One question since you have ridden both a 400 and a predator. Does the predator feel that much heavier? Did you get a chance to jump it at all? I like to jump and the only thing that would deter me from buying one is the weight (415 lbs dry). I love the way my 400 feels in the air but just wish it had more beans.

DESDAK4
01-18-2003, 09:16 PM
I have not got to jump it but I could not tell that thing was any heavier than my 400 and it is faster for sure.

Now my buddy says it flies like a Caddy rides:D

Jay
USAF

RED121572
01-19-2003, 06:58 AM
Ive only been riding quads for four years now. Im no superman on em by any stretch of the imagination. Compared to my stock shocked Honda, Im much more comfortable jumping my Polaris.

I only feel the weight when I have to get off the pull it back or if Im just moving it around in the garage. Pushing my 400EX around in the garage feels like a toy compared to the Polaris. Since the Polaris turns on a dime and the stock suspension feels so good, the extra weight seems to disappear.

raptor_02
01-19-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by jmoney45
I actually got to see one of these up close today at the dealership and it looks like it was built to take some abuse. The axle looks pretty heavy duty, and the shocks look like they have a lot of travel. I would love to ride one of these.

One question since you have ridden both a 400 and a predator. Does the predator feel that much heavier? Did you get a chance to jump it at all? I like to jump and the only thing that would deter me from buying one is the weight (415 lbs dry). I love the way my 400 feels in the air but just wish it had more beans. get u some after market shocks for your EX and you will be so much happier with the way it jumps. I went with WORKS cause i'm on a budget. If you can afford them get some ELKA's , AXIS, or PEP. All top of the line SHOCKS