PDA

View Full Version : Say Goodbye to Plaxico

jcv400ex
08-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Link (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/08/03/burress/index.html?cnn=yes)

At 31 years old, no one is going to sign a 35 year old reciever who hasn't played football in 4 years.....I hope he has some money put away. Pretty sad...

extremeblastr
08-03-2009, 08:58 PM
now i'm confused, i don't remember him missing games? anddd what made it criminal posession, does he have a record? also i don't see why he wouldn't be picked up he is one of the best receivers in the game and its not like you can't stay physically in shape in prison. i bet he only gets probie.

madskrillz2
08-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
also i don't see why he wouldn't be picked up he is one of the best receivers in the game and its not like you can't stay physically in shape in prison.

Refer to Michael Vick

250x_kyle
08-03-2009, 09:47 PM
i hope he get locked up like anyone else would. he was the one doing wrong and got caught lockem up.

SRH
08-03-2009, 10:03 PM
thats unfortunate, on the other hand with his money he could of hired security if he felt unsafe, the gun was just stupid, vick, plaxico...there winners, they made a mistake, i think vick will be back , plaxico, idk

powermadd400ex
08-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
i hope he get locked up like anyone else would. he was the one doing wrong and got caught lockem up.

amen

08-03-2009, 11:16 PM
someone dumb enough to shoot themselves in the foot at a club should be locked up lol just think they can breed

jcv400ex
08-04-2009, 06:40 AM
I really do think he'll go to jail over this. I don't think he's going to get out of it with probation. I remember when he first did it, it was all over the news on how they where going to prosecute to the fullest extent.

250x_kyle
08-04-2009, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
I really do think he'll go to jail over this. I don't think he's going to get out of it with probation. I remember when he first did it, it was all over the news on how they where going to prosecute to the fullest extent.

and they should hes no differnt then any of us he just plays football and is a douche bag

extremeblastr
08-04-2009, 08:25 AM
and they should hes no differnt then any of us he just plays football and is a douche bag

you should pay more attention to cases like this then because people like us get off with probie on a very regular basis for anything from posession to gun charges. the only reason he will go to jail over this is because it is high profile and they choose to make an example.

extremeblastr
08-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Refer to Michael Vick

reference made and i stand by what i said, mike vick will be back in the league within the next 3 seasons and you can quote me on that anytime you like.

jcv400ex
08-04-2009, 08:27 AM
reference made and i stand by what i said, mike vick will be back in the league within the next 3 seasons and you can quote me on that anytime you like.

I bet he'll be named to a team this week.

250x_kyle
08-04-2009, 08:38 AM
you should pay more attention to cases like this then because people like us get off with probie on a very regular basis for anything from posession to gun charges. the only reason he will go to jail over this is because it is high profile and they choose to make an example.

maybe where your from. anyone that has an illegal weapon around here gets locked up.

extremeblastr
08-04-2009, 09:39 AM
maybe where your from. anyone that has an illegal weapon around here gets locked up.

thats what they like you to think. your not gonna hear about someone getting off easy on a gun charge, i mean honestly do you think the system is stupid enough to make themselves look bad by letting you know every time they do it. :rolleyes:

250x_kyle
08-04-2009, 10:44 AM
thats what they like you to think. your not gonna hear about someone getting off easy on a gun charge, i mean honestly do you think the system is stupid enough to make themselves look bad by letting you know every time they do it. :rolleyes:

well considering the local that got arrested for it up here had his door kicked in by the fbi might have to do with it.

Scottt89
08-04-2009, 10:54 AM
I sort of agree with Extreme. From a personal standpoint, I made the mistake of drinking and driving and got a DUI in Feb 2008, went to court in April 08 and get 18mnths Probation Before Judgement. Then around Feb of this year I got put in the weird situation of being behind moving traffic and a bus begining to stop on the other side of a 4 lane road. I was at the nose of the bus when it went red and got yanked. 3pts $500 fine staring at me. So I went to court. I check in with the State Attorney and he says, "You have a clean record, plead guilty and I'm offering PPJ". I would have been a fool to mention last years events. Especially since it was all in the same county. Needless to say, I got the PPJ and they had no idea that I had my other issue in 2008.
I don't think they are as strict unless it is in the media. Then they can't just do the slap on the wrist.

Of course, these are my only two run-ins with the law. Except for a speeding ticket when I was 16. I am 25 now. I don't want you all to think I have this long record in the system or something. :blah:

F-16Guy
08-04-2009, 11:19 AM
The dude has so much money that he probably couldn't spend the interest fast enough, but he still has to be a gangsta and carry a loaded weapon into a club? Hire a friggin body guard. No sympathy at all for idiots like that. I guess he and Vick will have to play rock-paper-scissors for who gets to cook fries. :bandit:

extremeblastr
08-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
The dude has so much money that he probably couldn't spend the interest fast enough, but he still has to be a gangsta and carry a loaded weapon into a club? Hire a friggin body guard. No sympathy at all for idiots like that. I guess he and Vick will have to play rock-paper-scissors for who gets to cook fries. :bandit:

what makes him carrying a firearm for protection any different then they guy that lives down the street from me? i see it as much more logical for plaxico to. say all you want burress and vick will be back in the league, if they're not it won't be because fo their behavior it will be because they can no longer perform and anybody who thinks otherwise is blind to the ways of the world.

F-16Guy
08-04-2009, 11:59 AM
what makes him carrying a firearm for protection any different then they guy that lives down the street from me?

The difference is that if he was following the law, he wouldn't have been indicted on three different charges. There's no reason for him to have to carry a loaded weapon, especially when he can afford to hire protection. Regardless of the laws for your particular state, it's probably not a good idea to carry in an establishment that serves liquor and will probably be full of drunks.

dehner47
08-04-2009, 12:06 PM
i agree extreme. yes he could afford a body guard. but some dudes like pro athletes and celebs carry guns to protect themselves. think of it this way. plexico is a great football player. women want to get close to him. me want to be him. now, you know how many crazy mofo's in this world want him dead so he can stop scoring touchdowns and helping his team beat theirs and so he's stop stealing their women. its called jelouse. happens everyday. so yes, i do understand why he is packing. i def would to if i was in the spot light like these dudes are.

now, shooting himself in the foot by mistake. thats just plain stupid and retarted. that means he had to be playing with it and or showing it off. dumb @$$:devil:

dehner47
08-04-2009, 12:09 PM
it's probably not a good idea to carry in an establishment that serves liquor and will probably be full of drunks.

i do agree. cant argue this one.

F-16Guy
08-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by dehner47
...women want to get close to him. me want to be him...
LMAO! Are we talking about Plaxico or Austin Powers? If he's in that much danger, he wouldn't be out partying at a club. When you're a multi-millionaire, you hire people to take bullets for you.

extremeblastr
08-04-2009, 12:31 PM
LMAO! Are we talking about Plaxico or Austin Powers? If he's in that much danger, he wouldn't be out partying at a club. When you're a multi-millionaire, you hire people to take bullets for you.

that would be a lack of good business sense on his part, he doesn't know that anyone is out for him so he spends less then 2gs on a gun instead of going out and hiring some goon who really doesn't care if he gets shot and paying him a g a week to stand around.

dehner47
08-04-2009, 12:38 PM

haha ment to say "men" not me. haha sounded kinda gay if ya ask me. haha

madskrillz2
08-04-2009, 12:40 PM

I'm not saying he won't, I'm just saying look at what's happening right now. Nobody wants a convict on the team.......YET lol

F-16Guy
08-04-2009, 12:49 PM
that would be a lack of good business sense on his part, he doesn't know that anyone is out for him so he spends less then 2gs on a gun instead of going out and hiring some goon who really doesn't care if he gets shot and paying him a g a week to stand around.
Two grand is like a nickle to that dude. Hiring a whole entourage wouldn't make a dent in the interest he's earning on the money he makes. This is about Leopards not changing their spots. When the culture you grew up in glorifies being strapped and all that crap, it's hard to shed that mindset. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

F-16Guy
08-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by dehner47
haha ment to say "men" not me. haha sounded kinda gay if ya ask me. haha
I know what you meant, I just didn't know if you were quoting the movie or if it just came out that way. Come to think of it, it was Vanessa Kinsington that said that, wasn't it? Funny stuff.

jcv400ex
08-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Thats the way I see it also. If you feel you need a gun to go to a nightclub, then maybe you shouldn't be there! And that's how I'd feel if I was on the jury...so he doesn't stand a chance in court.

We'll see if he can buy himself a "Get out of jail Free" card or not.

What's NY's state budget deficit right now?!

reptikes
08-04-2009, 02:56 PM
I dont feel comfortable going to our local bars without a hand gun and stun gun.
I don't know how much you guys know about clubs and highroller bars, but there could be stick up kids around every corner waiting to get you for your chain/watch/wallet! And NO body guard is taking a bullet for you, he gonna lay down on the pavement beside you.

SRH
08-04-2009, 06:44 PM
i dont think it was a smart decision for him to go to a club or bar if he was going to have to pack an illegal weapon, people want to see these guys become something then like to knock them down, despite what you guys think these guys arent stupid...bad decisions yes... but there talented and became something because they have talent and were smart enough to put it to use

i think vick will be back on top of his game

i know of people in my area who have literally gotten away with murder or have been knocked with handguns and dope and gotten off with nothing more than probation, thing is when its a public figure sometimes they have to make an example out of someone, if he gets locked up he can probably buy into one of those luxury prisons @ $170 a day, also has room service, i guess it depends on if his charge is considered violent, i wouldnt be suprised to see him plea down to a non violent charge and spend 6 months to a yr at one of these luxury prisons and be back playing in no time

ti bought like 30 machine guns and only got a yr

madskrillz2
08-04-2009, 08:48 PM
He should've just carried around a taser. At least he wouldn't get in trouble. Plus that would just be funny to taze somebody rather than shoot em. Better yet, if he tazed himself. :blah:

SRH
08-04-2009, 09:29 PM
i know a stun gun isnt legal in ny...or at least without a permit of some sort...the tazer im not sure

ben300
08-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by reptikes
I dont feel comfortable going to our local bars without a hand gun and stun gun.
I don't know how much you guys know about clubs and highroller bars, but there could be stick up kids around every corner waiting to get you for your chain/watch/wallet! And NO body guard is taking a bullet for you, he gonna lay down on the pavement beside you.

dude...im not doubting what you say, but the fact that you need to take a gun, and a stun gun into a bar is complete bs.....you either, are ****ing nuts, are hangin around the wrong ppl, or just full of ****....

i goto bars allthe tiem..in all sorts of different towns, cities, villages,...little ones, big ones, biker bars, clubs...i have never felt the need to pack any form of heat...

..if you need that **** ina bar..then your jsut looking for trouble and shouldnt be in those positions to begin with..

use your ****ing head and common sense

on the fact with plex.....he had an illegal weapon...which wouldnt have been taht big of a deal, if he'd of jsut purchased a damn fire arm LEGALLLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

i get tired of all of you ppl sticking up for these schmucks adn the dumb stuff they do....no he does not have to personafy a thug lifestlye anymore.....i dont care what you say about his back ground and what not...he had a choice, he screwed up,, adn he should suffer the consequences like a normal human being

SRH
08-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by ben300
dude...im not doubting what you say, but the fact that you need to take a gun, and a stun gun into a bar is complete bs.....you either, are ****ing nuts, are hangin around the wrong ppl, or just full of ****....

i goto bars allthe tiem..in all sorts of different towns, cities, villages,...little ones, big ones, biker bars, clubs...i have never felt the need to pack any form of heat...

..if you need that **** ina bar..then your jsut looking for trouble and shouldnt be in those positions to begin with..

use your ****ing head and common sense

on the fact with plex.....he had an illegal weapon...which wouldnt have been taht big of a deal, if he'd of jsut purchased a damn fire arm LEGALLLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

i get tired of all of you ppl sticking up for these schmucks adn the dumb stuff they do....no he does not have to personafy a thug lifestlye anymore.....i dont care what you say about his back ground and what not...he had a choice, he screwed up,, adn he should suffer the consequences like a normal human being

pshh he shot himself with a illegal gun and has been embarassed , locking the dude up isnt going to do anything people are still going to do the same stuff, if he shot someone else etc lock him up, it would be more productive to fine the **** out of him and let him go on with his career, 500,000 fine and move on

madskrillz2
08-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i know a stun gun isnt legal in ny...or at least without a permit of some sort...the tazer im not sure

Really? Didn't know that.

dehner47
08-05-2009, 06:38 AM
and for the record yall, the gun was registered to him. but was registered and had a permit to carry a handgun in the state of florida. just was never tranfered or registered in state of NY. so yes gun was legal. but was illegal in NY. a good lawyer could fight that. and trust me, he has a good lawyer.

mrusk
08-05-2009, 03:13 PM
The only thing I have a proablem with is that he shot himself. Someone else could of been injured.

He broke an unconsitutional law. What part of right to bear arms does the city of NY not understand? M. Bloomburg is a retard and disgrace to republicans.

LTandRaptorider
08-05-2009, 04:49 PM

Well, the Pub in Apollo is still tame. Guess the other joints around here have gotten bad? Vandergrift used to be a nice town...

I am curious. With you having priors, how are you carrying? :confused:

reptikes
08-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Well, the Pub in Apollo is still tame. Guess the other joints around here have gotten bad? Vandergrift used to be a nice town...

I am curious. With you having priors, how are you carrying? :confused:

Your right, being a convicted felon i am not allowed to own or possess a firearm. But i'll be damned if ima let a law keep me from protecting myself.

ben300, from the time i was 16 till 2004 i lived a very fast & dangerous lifestyle. Im not hanging out with the wrong people or am i nuts. I got out the game on a bad note with some wrong people. And i never know if that'll come back to haunt me. I live in a little town, but my ears are still to the sreets and people get robbed and stuck up all the time. I work hard for my money now, I WONT BE A VICTIM you can put the house on that.

ben300
08-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Your right, being a convicted felon i am not allowed to own or possess a firearm. But i'll be damned if ima let a law keep me from protecting myself.

ben300, from the time i was 16 till 2004 i lived a very fast & dangerous lifestyle. Im not hanging out with the wrong people or am i nuts. I got out the game on a bad note with some wrong people. And i never know if that'll come back to haunt me. I live in a little town, but my ears are still to the sreets and people get robbed and stuck up all the time. I work hard for my money now, I WONT BE A VICTIM you can put the house on that.

if you have to watch your back..your in the wrong place man...

in the words of gsp...."i am not impressed by your performance"

SRH
08-05-2009, 10:42 PM

dont fall back into that, with that past i wouldnt be out bar hopping and partying, id relocate way away and leave all that behind, otherwise its only a matter of time, gotta shake that mentality

reptikes
08-06-2009, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by SRH
dont fall back into that, with that past i wouldnt be out bar hopping and partying, id relocate way away and leave all that behind, otherwise its only a matter of time, gotta shake that mentality

We got a house, kids, family, i aint going anywhere(home is where the heart is) Vandergrift is my home. I don't go bar hopping, me and the lady might go out once or twice a month with other some friends. I got almost 6 years out and a 4 year old who's never had to see me arrested or had to suffer the consequences of that lifestyle. I do the right thing for the most part. I don't go looking for trouble or nothing, i'd just rather play it safe. And i'm not going to let my stupidity in the past ruin the rest of my life, its ruined enough.

hypersnyper6947
08-06-2009, 11:56 AM
He was chillin at my bar like a month ago. I bar-tended for him and his friend for like an hour while they ate and had a couple drinks. Then they took off, he didnt strike me as the smartest guy in the world lol, at all