PDA

View Full Version : dislocating anything?

extremeblastr
08-03-2009, 08:40 PM
i've heard of people constantly dislocating their shoulder after they do it a couple times, and their knees when they have knee issues but since 5pm i've dislocated 4 different fingers and this isn't the first time i've had a day like this. anybody ever run into this issue? i'm not looking forward to dealing with my hands when i get older.

SRH
08-03-2009, 10:13 PM
wtf..... how are you dislocating stuff like that.... i dislocated my thumb a couple yrs ago and a yr before that but have no since....damn thumb throttles, once you stretch the ligaments? your more prone to dislocations i beleive.....i wouldnt sweat it, so what your hands might hurt when you get old, what are you going to do live the best yrs of your life with mittens on worrying about the what ifs lol:p

extremeblastr
08-04-2009, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by SRH
wtf..... how are you dislocating stuff like that.... i dislocated my thumb a couple yrs ago and a yr before that but have no since....damn thumb throttles, once you stretch the ligaments? your more prone to dislocations i beleive.....i wouldnt sweat it, so what your hands might hurt when you get old, what are you going to do live the best yrs of your life with mittens on worrying about the what ifs lol:p

haha well its right now its looking more like the last one i thought was a dislocation is a break(finger turned purple over night and i can't move it anymore) so only 3 for last night. i pop em out doing anything from riding to playing pickup games of basketball and football. yesterday just happened to be a football day:D

wvspeedfreak
08-04-2009, 07:55 PM
I dislocated a finger at the middle knuckle playing foot ball one time.My finger was L shaped.Hurt like a mofo.I thought it was broke.After the doc popped it back in place it was 2 months before I could completely bend it again.

DP #000
08-04-2009, 09:18 PM
ahh this is my kind of topic lol. last year i dislocated my left shoulder once. and since may of this year i have dislocated my right shoulder 3 times! it hurts like a bi*ch to pop it back in yourself. but hey i've gotten pretty good at it.

Tommy Warren
08-05-2009, 10:49 AM
did anyone see pastrana dislocate his shoulder on nitro circus? he's like "damn not again" grabs it pulls it twists it and pops it back in then he wiggles his arm and says "alright I'm good lets try it agian!!" it must happen weekly to him. he wasn't even phased. but yeah once you pop it out once its twice as easy to do it again.

quad2xtreme
08-06-2009, 10:23 AM
popped my shoulder out twice at BPG on July 2nd. Scheduled for surgery Sept 17th.

I have a couple of riding trips planned so I am doing those first. If all goes well, I may postpone surgery until late November so I can get in a few more riding trips before the colder months (we really don't have winter in Raleigh...just gets cold for a few days here and there). It is 4 months to recover.

Mine didn't really hurt that bad. I was more freaked and slid it back in. Shoulder doesn't really have a ball and socket like the hip. It is more just a 1/2 cup. If it pops out during these riding trips then I will have the surgery immediately.

I plan to rebuild my quad while I am recovering. I am starting with a shiny new Lonestar chromoly frame in red...serial number LSR09-023. Can't wait.

KXRida
08-07-2009, 06:52 AM
Knocked my hip out in Late june racing. High sided off of a ski jump and the bike landed on my hip. It was pretty rough. Still having issues with it. Finally got back on a bike last week since my crash.