PDA

View Full Version : is this the right jet for my 400?

speedy400
01-08-2003, 08:20 PM
I know this dosnt matter too much for a 4-stroke and every machine is different but i'm going in a radar run pretty soon and i just want to make sure.OK i am at about 2500 feet and it will most likely be around 10-20 degrees the days that I'll be racing, my 400ex will have my air box lid removed w/ a uni filter it has an air scoops on sides and top, i have a dyno jet jet kit, and I have a FMF MegaMax II and I've made 1 centameter spacers that go inbetween the baffles, I have 170 in it..??I think I should have 160?? what do you think?

speedy400
01-08-2003, 08:45 PM
anyone?

01-09-2003, 12:08 AM
Another jetting question LOL Seriously you cant just tell someone what to run and you need to take the time and experiment to get it right.

There is some good jetting info on the net. Do a search here and see what you find and I have found 2 good sites with some info. Check out duncan racing and hondaex.com I think both are in the links section.

And to offer the type of answer you were looking for, the MJ sounds to be a little high for your current mods but this will depend more on the altitude and temp you are running in so it could be ok too.

Take a look at those sites jetting info and you should be able to tell us what your jetting was rich v/s lean.