PDA

View Full Version : CBS Evening News - Katie Couric - Unsafe Vehicle report (Rhino!!) - send ur comments!

400grl
08-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Hey guys....

If any of you are UTV owners, especially Rhino owners, you will be very interested in this - especially if you are aware of the legal battles that have ensued as a result of people not taking responsibility for their own actions and trying to point the finger at the OEM's when they don't pay attention to the safety recommendations and make stupid decisions that result in an accident.

I pulled this info off of another couple of forums today.....apparently there is going to be a story on CBS Evening News this week titled "Unsafe Vehicles" and featuring the Rhino!! From what I hear from people who have watched the clip, it's going to be pretty biased against the Rhino ....

Here is a link to CBS's "comments" section - click on the drop down menu, click CBS Evening News, and add your comment if you want to ask them to cover the POSITIVE side of UTV's!!! If we bombard them with requests for fair reporting, perhaps they will actually take a look at the other side of these stories!!! Many people are also including a link to www.TruthAboutRhino.com with their comments...I'm sure this will help!!
CBS Comments Link (http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/feedback/fb_news_form.shtml?tag=contentAux;ad-googleAdSense)

I also wouldn't be surprised if Yamaha comes up with a response to this story..........I'm sure they are aware of it already......

PLEASE send your comments and good experiences, people!! Post this link anywhere you can - let's at least give CBS something to think about!!!

deathman53
08-03-2009, 02:38 PM
As I said before, here goes the demise of sport atv's because of money hungry lawyers, complete idiots and people who shouldn't be on the machine for several reasons. Here comes the repeat of 85 and 86 3 wheeled atv bias reporting and the blame game, the only difference is the type of vehicle. Next we will be seeing on 60 minutes "worlds most dangerous machine" and it will be a UTV(not 3 wheeled atv, like it was in 85 or 86) of several different makers. Next it will be atv's in general and we will be right back to the early 90's slump sales and everybody thinking "they're very dangerous". In the wrong hands EVERYTHING is dangerous.

Ralph
08-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Message Sent. I invited them to interview our staff and members as well.

usp4u
08-03-2009, 03:06 PM
I don't mean to hijack the thread here, but...Fighting the main-stream media hit-pieces like this is something that those of us who fight for our 2nd Amendment deal with almost weekly. We are dealing with law makers and lobbyists who no longer mind what liberties they may trample or take away in order to further their own agendas.
Riders must stay vigilant and be active or at least become members of AMA,BLC,etc.
If the 2nd Amendment is ever trampled everything else is fair game. Your right to ride included.

400grl
08-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
Message Sent. I invited them to interview our staff and members as well.

Awesome! I gave them my contact info as well, on the off-chance they would want another side to the story...great link on Facebook, too!

400grl
08-03-2009, 06:50 PM
Broadcast is tomorrow night - here is another way to contact CBS regarding this story.....

mailto:evening@cbsnews.com

About ATVs
08-03-2009, 09:29 PM
I sent them a comment as well. I also sent an email to Katie Couric offering to provide the other side of the story. It's probably too late if the piece is running this week but it doesn't hurt to try.

Anyone got a link to the clip?

extremeblastr
08-03-2009, 09:41 PM
their offices aren't to far away, maybe i'll stage a rally:devil: lol. comment sent hoping they actualy listen to some of us and include some people who pay attention to the dangers of riding in the story.

SRH
08-03-2009, 10:19 PM
i think a company or someone with some $$ is going to have to sway the media , the comments and what not are nice but not going to be helpful....

400grl
08-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Maybe not, but if enough people chime in, it will be hard to ignore......:D

deathman53
08-04-2009, 12:31 PM
what time is this on? I want to see how biased this is.

400grl
08-04-2009, 08:12 PM
It was on at 6:00 tonight.....here is a link to the broadcast!!

CBS Rhino Broadcast (http://www.cbs.com/cbs_evening_news/video.php?pid=WrbVvZ5P2GjULVh6d_iZ_etcp2VY3Mcy&play=true&offset=0&show=all)

AND!!!!

Here is a link to YAMAHA'S response this - in other words...the real story!!!

YAMAHA Responds! (http://truthaboutrhino.com/index.php/breaking-news/)

powermadd400ex
08-04-2009, 08:22 PM
commented

ya gotta love leftist media

TrapZ400
08-04-2009, 09:37 PM
That video made me sick!:mad:
You can get hurt doing anything. What are they going to do next, make a show about how dangerous skateboards and bicycles are. lol
That guy that was riding on pavement that flipped over had it coming. He was going too fast when he was turning. Rhino's are not designed for roads. And that guy that lost his hand said that he wishes he never would have bought the rhino because of all the injuries that have happend. I feel bad for him but still, what are you going to say if you crash your car. "I won't ever buy a car again." lol

deathman53
08-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Anything with the news and atvs/motorcycles/utvs/offroad is always bad. They throw the story so far off. Some years ago there was a camera crew and reporters at NJORVP, filming people riding and doing interviews. Very little people agreed to be interviewed and those who did, their piece was cut and slanted badly. The complete opposite of a family off-road park was painted. Remember the people ~1 year ago whos kid got killed on a adult 800 or so, more slanted reporting and it didn't show how the people did exactly the opposite of the manufacturer says. I completely agree with yamaha for the on camera interview, it would have been butchered so badly to make them look bad.

As I posted before, we are dealing with the same problem that existed during the 3 wheeler days...idiots, drunk/drugs, inexperienced, kids, stupid riding, more than 1 person on them and just plain dumb moves. The only difference between the end days of 3 wheelers that led to killing of sport atv's and general atv slump is the number of wheels and price tag. Back in the 80's and until now, 95% of injuries/deaths could have been prevented with common sense, people using their brain and accepting responsibility for their actions. I can write a book about the dumb moves, parents who think the atv's are babysitters and inexperienced people who buy a machine way too powerfull for them.

I'm sure there is more to the story than cbs showed and yamaha said. It would be interesting to see a reply of the special about cbs's story from the industry. That would probably get thrown way left sided by the media. I don't think it will happen because of that.

<DRS>GPF
08-05-2009, 09:24 AM
its like blaming the auto manufacturer for a person getting killed because they were thrown from a car during a rollover when A: they werent wearing their seatbelt and B: they were doing 100+mph..

rediculous

my88r
08-05-2009, 10:12 AM
commented

400grl
08-05-2009, 10:45 AM
Hey you guys!! Here is a link where you can post a PUBLIC comment on CBS's own site in response to the crap story they aired!!!

CBS Comments - Rhino Story (http://www.cbsnews.com/8601-500690_162-5213784.html?assetTypeId=30&tag=contentMain;contentBody)

The more comments supporting Yamaha the better!

Tommy Warren
08-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Justin miller should be shot and pissed on!:mad:

Ghost-Rider
08-05-2009, 06:02 PM
how stupid.