PDA

View Full Version : Smoking

sly400ex
11-20-2001, 02:04 PM
My quad has been smoking now whenever it starts for a few minutes. One day it looked like the damn bug truck went through the neighborhood with all the smoke!!! It does go away completely though. Question. Does anyone know what the stock compression should be. PSI. I sucked water through the motor this summer, and I wonder how much damage I did to it. Still runs awesome though.

11-20-2001, 02:21 PM
First off I don't think the good lord has anything to do with your motor smoking so please edit the GD in there please,,,I can't cuz I dont' moderate this forum,,,but I'd have the motor looked at if you were giving it water to drink instead of gas..

330exracer
11-29-2001, 07:30 PM
ok u wore your rings a little big whoop my quad is like like that to. ****in k&n filter bigest pos thing ever made

11-29-2001, 09:54 PM
You guys dont need to cuss on this board. You know this crap has really went on a spree lately! And it sucks! So stop it guys!:mad: :grr

11-30-2001, 08:48 AM
Yeah 330exracer,,,go to the bottom and read the rules please.

And I don't think the filter is the problem,,,if installed improperly they won't work...I've been using K&N for 5 years on 4 different bikes and havent' had the slightest problem.

redrider ex
11-30-2001, 11:04 AM
Have you checked your air box since this happened some times when you get water in the engine it forces oil into the air box and when you crank it up it sucks in the oil and burns it thus producing smoke if not then what probly happened was when it sucked in the cool water into the hot motor it may have craked the rings. redrider ex