PDA

View Full Version : Another race under the 450x MX belt...

craigmacphee
08-02-2009, 07:26 PM
I raced this weekend here in Michigan at our local track. AGAIN, I was the only Can-Am there, but I know some of the guys were taking notice. Every race I have more and more people asking me how I like it. So....I know I am getting Can-Am some attention.

Anyway, we had open practice yesterday and there were 290 riders there. We stayed over night and raced today. There were 420 racers today. It was an awesome turnout.

My boy raced his KTM 50 and placed 2nd in the first moto, and 2nd in the 2nd moto, for a 2nd overall. I am sooooo happy for him. I'm not one of those dad's that pressures him whatsoever. I see dad's freaking out on the track and all I can do is shake my head, clap for their boys as they go by, and my boy goes and tells them all good job whether they win or he beats them. He has a 2005 motor in a 2004 bike. He's racing kids with better bikes and more experience and he's holding his own. He's hooked!!!!

For my race on the 09 450 x MX, the first moto, I placed 4th. Half way through the race I actually had to pull aside because I got a clob of mud stuck in my left eye. Somehow it shot up under my goggles and lodged in my eye. Bummer deal.....

The second moto, I placed 3rd, to take 3rd overall.

I had a blast and we can't wait for our next race.

TNT
08-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Was that 420 quads? If so thats huge! I never MI had that many up there. Whats the name of the series? Figured they all be at Red Bud today. You should take your boys to see the pro's not too far from you tomorrow are the finals.

TNT
08-02-2009, 08:24 PM
opps todays Sunday the race is over....lol! Tired going to bed....lol!

craigmacphee
08-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Hell no....lol, that was 420 total riders from 50cc bikes all the way up to our quads. As far as Red Bud goes, I am sure that is where most of the faster quad riders were.