PDA

View Full Version : YZ426F oil block off?

Derrick Adams
08-02-2009, 06:40 PM
Who makes them and how do they work? How much horsepower do you sacrifice going to one?

racerx573
08-03-2009, 07:08 AM
DrD. makes them...

Power advantages... not sure if there are any...
cleans up the bike a lot, with no oil lines, oil tank, etc... great for conversion machines that use a 250R frame... I ran it on my Laeger 250R conversion. Saves weight.

Works by blocking the oil pump off and the lines. Your case oil is the same oil as your engine oil...

Downfalls: Oil/engine temps will be higher. More frequent oil/filter changes (I changed mine every other race, or after a long day of practicing). Pain in the arse to fill the oil. I tipped the bike on it's side.

kyledvor61
08-03-2009, 08:10 PM
DR.D

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn244/kyledvor61/fourwheeler/rightside2.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn244/kyledvor61/fourwheeler/a8.jpg

woodsracer144
08-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by racerx573
Pain in the arse to fill the oil. I tipped the bike on it's side.

you got that right!

dehner47
08-04-2009, 11:02 AM
hell ya it is. let alone to try and check your oil to make sure you not burning any up. i usually change mine every ride so i know it has the right amount in it.

pain in butt, but makes bikes alot nicer without all those lines and bulky oil tank..

hey racerx573, how much oil you run in your 426? i usually run whole bottle(1000ml) someone told me 800ml (3/4 bottle), some also told me 1300-1500ml (bottle and half). just figured i'd get more opinions on this..

Black Sheep
08-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Derrick Adams
Who makes them and how do they work? How much horsepower do you sacrifice going to one?

So what do you have planned now???

woodsracer144
08-04-2009, 09:02 PM
what i did was ran one line to another and by passed the tank... just kept it all close to the motor...

racerx573
08-05-2009, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by dehner47
hell ya it is. let alone to try and check your oil to make sure you not burning any up. i usually change mine every ride so i know it has the right amount in it.

pain in butt, but makes bikes alot nicer without all those lines and bulky oil tank..

hey racerx573, how much oil you run in your 426? i usually run whole bottle(1000ml) someone told me 800ml (3/4 bottle), some also told me 1300-1500ml (bottle and half). just figured i'd get more opinions on this..

I ran a little over 3/4 in it. Do you have a window cover for your neutral switch? Best way to check the levels.

dehner47
08-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by racerx573
Do you have a window cover for your neutral switch? Best way to check the levels.

????? like the lil glass window that you check oil on blasters and dirtbikes and stuff??

if thats what your talking about, i dont. always wondered why they didnt come with one.

KEVIN300A
09-17-2009, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
what i did was ran one line to another and by passed the tank... just kept it all close to the motor...

does anyone have any more knowlegde on doing this?? Does anyone have a drD blockoff they want to sell? thanks

woodsracer144
01-02-2010, 09:53 PM
it was really getto... my oe lines where cut from the idot that did the build, he had hoes cut from the oe 400ex with hose clamps on it, the raidator wasnt in there right i tossed the tank and just ran a hose from one metal line to another with a rubber hose and 2 hose clamps. the thing was put together so bad that i got rid of it (part it) they didnt have a single clue what the hell they were doing...

miles Machine
01-03-2010, 03:01 AM
can the block off kit work on a 450?

woodsracer144
01-03-2010, 07:39 AM
i dont see why not... just try your hardest to hide it, its not the most pro thing to do..

extremetrucker
01-05-2010, 02:29 PM
let me start by saying i dont know chit about the yzs, but is there any internal mods done to the pump when you put these blockoffs in? or is there a large enough bypass built in? i know a lot of you do this mod, but it seems more logical to me to do the "ghettobilly" set up and connect the 2 lines so your not dead heading the pump. correct me if im wrong and teach this old dog a new trick. ps if all your lookin to get rid of is the tank, you could still run a cooler to gain a little capacity and obviosly cool it, but then i guess your back to square 1 withe the oil line octopus.

250x_kyle
01-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by extremetrucker
let me start by saying i dont know chit about the yzs, but is there any internal mods done to the pump when you put these blockoffs in? or is there a large enough bypass built in? i know a lot of you do this mod, but it seems more logical to me to do the "ghettobilly" set up and connect the 2 lines so your not dead heading the pump. correct me if im wrong and teach this old dog a new trick. ps if all your lookin to get rid of is the tank, you could still run a cooler to gain a little capacity and obviosly cool it, but then i guess your back to square 1 withe the oil line octopus.

i dont beleive there are any internal mods to it at all. just block off plates and a gasket.

woodsracer144
01-09-2010, 07:00 PM
with the Dr. D i think you have to take the pump out, the pump is forcing oil out the line so i dont see how you couldnt take the lines off and still have it work, over time its going to blow a oil seal or else the pump...

250x_kyle
01-09-2010, 09:46 PM
that is very true. i might send dubache a email and see what they have to say if someone else doesnt chime in soon.

woodsracer144
01-09-2010, 09:55 PM
im almost positive, you take the oil pump out, or something, i know the neutral sensor you can take out and put a peep glass in to see oil

ss440ex
01-09-2010, 11:39 PM
I always ran a tank...or at lease a cooler.

If you remove the pump, whats going to pump oil to the top end?

There is an oil line on the R/H rear side of the cylinder that routes
oil to the top.

My .02

extremetrucker
01-10-2010, 08:40 PM
^^^ fo sho, i dont see how you can run without a pump, unless theres 2 in there which i highly doubt, seems theres more to it than just plugs, wouldnt you think it needs a pickup tube? or somethinf submersed in oil? isnt that what makes it a "wet sump" vs a "dry sump" which gets oil fed in from an outside source aka tank or cooler. i know its cleaner, but i dont see why everyone wants to plug this chit off, i'd take advantage of this, i wish i had it on my crf, but that would be costly, and or tricky.