PDA

View Full Version : Quick wiring question

kouki
08-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Alright my R had the wiring harness pretty hacked when I got it. I've been wanting to put some headlights on it for a while. I finally got a pair of trail techs and a stock voltage regulator. I'm just wanting to make sure that I have this wiring right before I solder everything up. My stator has 3 wires coming out, 2 to the cdi/ignition, and the other is white/yellow and is just tied up. I drew up this fancy pic of what I'm thinking of for hooking the wires up, just wanted some input if this will work out or not.

deathman53
08-02-2009, 11:27 PM
kinda, yellow wire to voltage regulator, the other wire from the regulator gets grounded. Splice into the yellow wire to the light switch and then out to the lights themselves. The regulator bleeds of voltage over 14 v-a/c to the ground, how much is bleeded depends on the load on the circuit. A high load and high output will get less bled off. A no/low load and high output gets alot bleeded off.

kouki
08-02-2009, 11:35 PM
Ok, so more like this one?

deathman53
08-03-2009, 10:40 AM
yeah

kouki
08-04-2009, 12:03 AM
Alright, Thanks alot, I'll get this stuff wired up tomorrow after work and hope for light!