PDA

View Full Version : Raced a cdale today on the track and in the drag!

Sporttrax400ex
01-08-2003, 07:28 PM
I drag raced a canibal 440 today and it out ran me. The we took it to my track and he got me on the holeshot but after the first turn he couldnt hang with me. i got him on the track not on the drag though.

I still cant belive he got the F*&* hole shot:mad:

TravEX
01-08-2003, 07:42 PM
how long was the drag race?,,,i would love to ride one, maybe that will be my next quad (depending on what Honda brings out),,,

MxDale71
01-08-2003, 09:04 PM
Dude, whats so hard to believe about that? They're quick off the line. My completely stock Dale runs about even w/ my friends 440ex w/ WB CDI, cam, Yosh exhaust, and some other *****. I've also got some pics of a nice piped MX ready shee thats eatin some C-dale roost in the first corner :D. What kind of mods did the Dale have that you raced?

beerock
01-08-2003, 09:20 PM
I still havent seen one out in the trails yet. If i ever do im begging the guy to drag me!!:D :macho

MxDale71
01-08-2003, 11:47 PM
If you see me on the trails, I'll be on something that requires less clutch work and not on my Dale. It's really not that bad now that I have 18 inch tires on the back but when I had the 20's, it was geared way to high (especially for trails).

To anyone considering a Cannondale for trail riding... go down one on the front sprocket.

250rmike
01-09-2003, 05:25 PM
i cant wait to ride one

Ryan
01-09-2003, 05:50 PM
This is kinda off topic but.....

How do the Gas Gas 300's compare to the cannondales. I take it cannondales are much better but the Gas Gas's are looking pretty sweet except for the springs and dialing of the suspension.

raptor_02
01-09-2003, 08:06 PM
there was a Post on this SITE earlier with a guy that has both a Cannondale and a GAS GAS. He said in a drag that the cannondale would get it off the line but the GAS GAS would then start walking away. The GAS GAS is faster. He said that the CANNONDALE felt faster because it has snappier power but he it really wasn't. But if the GAS GAS had the 250 piston instead of the 300 he also said he felt the DALE would take it then.

MxDale71
01-09-2003, 08:29 PM
Ya, that dude says the Gas Gas is faster.... I'll take his word for it cause he's the only one I know that has a GasGas. I wish they were a little easier to find... I would like to take one for a spin.