PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding non rezzy shocks.

paul_700
08-02-2009, 03:10 AM
Does anybody have any tips on how they bleed the non rezzy shocks without ifp?Is it ever possible to get non ifp shocks to stroke through as smooth and consistant as ifp models? I have a set of elka triple rate fronts with no rezzy or ifp that I am trying to get done. I've been trying every method I can come up with off the top of my head and have them pretty good but there is still a slight jerk at the very begining of the stroke that I can't seem to completely eliminate.

Colby@C&DRacing
08-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Its not a matter of bleeding them. It sounds more like you have the wrong amount of oil in them.

paul_700
08-03-2009, 08:13 PM
Ok that makes sense. Is there a method for knowing how much volume to leave for nitrogen? If not could you suggest a good starting point to work from?

godzilla
08-04-2009, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by paul_700
Ok that makes sense. Is there a method for knowing how much volume to leave for nitrogen? If not could you suggest a good starting point to work from?

what kind of quad do you have?

paul_700
08-04-2009, 06:42 PM
I was able to answer my own question actually. I was able to find the recommended level of 130ml for a yfz450 model. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.