PDA

View Full Version : 05 Reverse lever alignment plz?? Fast if possible.

dirtcrasher
08-01-2009, 01:22 PM
A bud needed a clutch, I offered to do it for 50$ but told him I wanted OEM or Barnett and a gasket and new oil and filter.

Instead, he got a "BUDDY" to do it for free with a 50$ EBAY crap clutch reusing the same oil and filter and gasket.

All done, reverse does not work.... So he calls me to fix it and I HATE touching other guys work.

Regardless, he has no 05 service manual, he says it's an 03 but I searched here and read that 05 was the 1st year with reverse?? I could care less what year it happened but I can only download the <02 manual.

Before I drive an hour to help this meatball, I wanted a manual but I can't find one. Honda typically has punch mars to align splines on 2 pieces, but I don't know if thats the case here. I just know he took it apart and now does not have reverse and the lever doesn't seem aligned.

Could someone either point me in the direction of a 400EX "reverse year" manual and or tell me how it's aligned?? I'm willing to bet it has marks but I don't want to waste my time as he is obviously cheap.....

I searched "reverse" "reverse lever" "reverse lock lever" and couldn't dig it up.

Thanks very much for ANY help!!

justin1022
08-01-2009, 02:16 PM
just tell him to buy u a manuel

dirtcrasher
08-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Well, based on how CHEAP he went in the 1st place, I don't believe thats gonna happen and he wants to ride tomorrow :D

Which honestly, means NOTHING to me. More like - so sad, too bad and F you.... This is what he gets.

Apparently the 03 and up manual is tougher to find than the 99-02 manual which I found at 123MB.

I'm willing to bet that there are punch marks, but I'm not driving an hour to "bet"

I appreciate the advice, when it comes to correct procedures and manuals, I am in fact "MR. MANUAL"...............

dirtcrasher
08-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Haven't ANY of you guys ever took off the clutch cover of your 400EX with reverse??

This isn't my doing, if I took it apart, it would be running.

Simple question - Are there marks on the shaft to align the reverse lever or is there some procedure??

Thanks for any help :D

mcgrath
08-03-2009, 01:37 PM
dont know man 01 ex. you dont need reverse to go forward. whats behind you doesnt matter. If he wants reverse buy a manual.

dirtcrasher
08-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Fixed :D

Piece of cake, didn't even really need the manual but it was nice to have for the torques. Found the 05 manual online for free too.....

I never realized how simple the 400EX reverse is to use, nice design HONDA!!