PDA

View Full Version : How do i repack my muffler?

HiperEX
01-08-2003, 06:53 PM
I have a fmf power core iv2 and i think it needs to be repacked how do i remove the end cap? do i have to drill out the rivets and put new ones in when im done? or does the repacking kit come with new rivets and also my fmf logo is worn off can i get a new one from fmf?

4TraxRider
01-09-2003, 10:16 AM
If the end cap is rivited on, then you have to drill them out. My repacking kit for my FMF two stroke pipe didn't come with rivets.
And i don't know if you can get another FMF logo, unless you find another pipe.

Taco
01-09-2003, 05:53 PM
I got a custom fit repacking kit for my Pro-Circuit T4 from the Quadshop.

oynot400
01-12-2003, 08:43 PM
I got some packing from my Honda dealer when I did my FMF. I think there were screws on the front of the pipe I took and and it pulled apart. It took a little time to get it apart. :rolleyes: Going together was not the easiest.
If you lost your FMF name plate, give FMF a call. They will send you a new one. FMF has great customer service. :D
I got a Moose custom repacking kit for my T-4. It looks like it is just a slip on. I have not installed it yet.

hawiianpwr
01-19-2003, 10:11 AM
I have the same pipe and I just did mine to. You need an allen wrench. Just take all of the bolts out it should pull right off, you might need a rubber mallet to tap it off.