PDA

View Full Version : louisville,kentucky

tree11
07-31-2009, 08:30 PM
there`s some racing around here,but
i`m having trouble finding some trails to ride.
can someone smarten me up?

Ryan'07400ex
08-23-2009, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by tree11
there`s some racing around here,but
i`m having trouble finding some trails to ride.
can someone smarten me up?

I'm with you man I want to find some close to home. This forum is so dead though
I searched and found alot of different places but all are over an hour away from me

Cities are
Clay City, KY : 2000 acres. practice track (eastern KY)

Maysvillle, KY : 2000 acres, ride 9 to 7 during summer, (NE KY)

Liberty, KY : 170 acres, tracks, mud pits, 9 to hr b4 dark, Suicide hill (haha), Sharps ATv something, (Central KY) I'm really intersested in this place it is closest to me and got a bit of everything but the 165 acres doesn't seem like much. Anybody got some info?

Lockport, KY: HillzNHollrz no site up

Harlan, Ky: 6000 acres 200 miles of trails Black MT rec. park ???
You supposed can ride on roads there legally, some of my friends enjoyed it but 3 hrs away from me

Manchester. KY: D and K off road park ???

Hyden. Ky: i liked it pretty good but about 3 hrs as well so...

We have been to Oak ridge TN at Windrock Atv Park and its great

CNC_guy
08-24-2009, 10:25 AM
Harlan County is a good place to ride. The park is fun but the off the park rides are better from what I understand. And yes, you can ride legally on the road. We've done the park thing 3 times and had a blast each time. Their local club is called the Harlan County Ridge Runners (http://kyoutdoors.org/forums/index.php) and they have guided rides leaving from the community campfire every Saturday morning. I can't say enough about how friendly and helpful these guys are.

I ride mostly in the Monticello, KY/Pickett, TN area. Here is a thread with several pictures about it on the Ridge Runners site where they came over here for a ride.

Monticello/Pickett (http://kyoutdoors.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2253)

waloud
08-24-2009, 01:18 PM
There is nowhere close to ride in this area. Hillz n Hollers closed down, and that was the closest. You might want to check out Haspin Acres.

tree11
08-24-2009, 04:27 PM
royal atv trails near e-town

Ryan'07400ex
08-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by tree11
royal atv trails near e-town

Heard that place is terrible on quads. Huge ruts on trail, track and drag strip... is that still true?

Ryan'07400ex
10-05-2009, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by CNC_guy
[B]Harlan County is a good place to ride. The park is fun but the off the park rides are better from what I understand. And yes, you can ride legally on the road. We've done the park thing 3 times and had a blast each time.

Heck yea its fun, I just got back yesterday. The cabins were awesome, everyone was nice, great trails, great scenery and we even walked into the old coal mines. We'll be going back for sure.