PDA

View Full Version : Can-Am for 2010?

nwi45
07-31-2009, 05:07 PM
The entire 2009 season has basically been a wash with a bunch of bad breaks and tough luck. I decided to take the rest of the season off MX and dedicate 100% to training for 2010. In 2010 I will be racing the full GNCC series in A.

Here's my dilema. I got offered a ride from a local Honda dealer that will get me a 2010 450 at cost and a few other perks. But with a Honda, I will be putting money into nerfs, tires, rims, etc. I have been looking into the 2010 DS450XCs. My only question is how reliable are these things for a 2 hour race and how legit is this Racer Support Program they offer?

Blizzard24
07-31-2009, 05:52 PM
Aside from weak 08 engine cases that Can Am replaced, I have had no probems w the DS in 2 hr races.

The racer program is legit, it gives you everything you need to race including access to the race dept parts that have really helped.

coryatver
07-31-2009, 06:30 PM
Man take the Honda deal! You will be sorry if you don't! Just look at the can am forum and all the problems they are having and the time it takes to get parts. The racer program is a joke it voids the warrantee and if you are an A class racer you are going to want better shocks and parts than what they are offering.

Everyone knows how to setup the Honda where as they are trying to still figure out how to get the can am to just finish the race consistently. The honda at cost is a sweet deal and a proven winner

nwi45
07-31-2009, 06:56 PM
The only downside of the Honda is that I will be riding a basically stock machine besides the very basics. Revalved shocks at the most. The Can-Am would be all dialed in basically.

What do you mean the Support Program voids the warranty? Because you are acknowledging that you are racing?

Blizzard24
07-31-2009, 07:19 PM
Coryatver hates the Can Am for some reason. Not sure why but he does.

If you go with the racer program, you do void the warranty, but Can am has stepped up to help every one of us in the racer program.

My warranty was voided but when my cases were screwed up they still covered it, as did they with the 09 clutch update. they have stepped up with just about every member on here. Can Honda say they same with their weak tranny's and cranks?

If you dont have the funds to upgrade the ENTIRE Honda, you would be better off with the DS450 or the KTM. Very little has to go into the 2010 DS450 and between the parts Can Am gives you and the race parts you can get with the spending account you will have a bike capable of staying with any other modded quad in the A Class.

right now parts are tough to get, but as more of these machines end up showing up, the parts will become easier and easier to get.

If I had to do it all over again, the ony change I would make is getting the 09/2010 over the 08. I love this bike!

blaster99
07-31-2009, 09:26 PM
Go with the can-am. After the 08s, they really figured it out.

TNT
07-31-2009, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Blizzard24
Coryatver hates the Can Am for some reason. Not sure why but he does.

I beginning to think he is planted from HON or somewhere to bash this quad and site anyway he can. If you hate the quad that much Cory stay away, the rest of us are trying to keep ours running last thing we need is some distractions telling us and everyone considering this quad it's no good. Please spare us, how would you really know you don't even own one.

Now go read the warantee on your quad please post what it says out here about racing and mods. Tell us all about it's racer program and what the factory is doing for ya too love to hear it?

I bet you don't even realize how if everyone bought HON's and there was no Can am's etc how difficult it would be to get parts and how much they would cost and the quad. You got no idea what your doing or advocating upon yourself by your remarks and continuous mocking of the options and technology and backing Can-am has brought to ATV racing in the past two years.

2009 was a great year for DS, most of the problems on this site are 08 despite Cory's comments.

I beleive the people that have 09's on this site have been satisfied and have done a great job in relaying the few small problems left for consideration for 2010. I think the upper rear shock fitting is one, needs more space for PEPs and parts availability at SOME dealers has been a issue but you will find that in any industry(ATV, AUTO, ETC). Thats about all I can think of anyway.

2010 s/b a great year. I hear PC5 is now available the EFI system alone is unsurpassed.

PS: I'll sell our PC 3(about 10 hours on it) to anyone interested we want the PC 5 now.

ScottB125
08-01-2009, 07:28 AM
Stock for stock, the Can-Am is your better ride. I don't know how many guys have gone out on them with a pipe/filter/pink wire cut and won races. They handle awesome and the suspesion is good for OEM stuff.

I think your money ahead with the CanAm

Mr. Big Time
08-01-2009, 12:41 PM
The honda offer is a great deal. However then your still investing in all the other parts. Do what you feel is best. The can-am is great and I'm sure the 2010 is more reliable. I love the can-am, I am so comfortable on it, but if I had the option of taking the honda or the 2010 can am I think I might go with the honda just because it will be way easier to get parts when your at the track. I have support from motoworks and when I am at the worcs races I can usually get parts, but when I am at a local race and something breaks I cant get parts, and my local dealer doesnt have any parts in stock but the honda dealer has honda parts in stock. Look into that kind of stuff. Can you get some support from Warnert, or not. Do whats best for you.

coryatver
08-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Sorry guys I don't hate the can am. The man asked for opinions so I am giving him mine. If you don't like it thats fine. But I strongly believe this guy getting a honda at cost is definitly the best way to go for him!

You say you will leave the quad stock? racing GNCC A class? That is going to be really tough no matter what quad you buy. Even the Can am if you buy the racer support parts will not be where you will need it to be competitive in national A class.

You get the can am you are going to spend the season trying to get your set up and get it to finish the race.

If you get the honda you call up any ATV shop or ask anyone at the track and they will tell you exactly what you need to do to make it competitive in A class. Take the money you save getting a Honda at cost and buy some aftermarket parts for it to make it a gncc track eating monster.

If you hate the quad that much Cory stay away, the rest of us are trying to keep ours running last thing we need is some distractions telling us and everyone considering this quad it's no good.

This is hilarious. You are TRYING to keep yours running yet you still say this quad is the best choice lol WOW

This guy wants to Race a whole season of GNCC he doesn't have time to try and keep it running. When you invest in running a whole series driving 10 hrs+ driving, fees, hotels, time from work you need a quad that you know will finish the race and be reliable. Get a proven Honda that everyone knows the ins and outs of at a much cheaper price how could that not be the best choice. Its horrible when you are trying to run for points and you are sititng at home waiting for parts or your quad is still in the shop or you go to the race and the quad breaks the first lap when it shouldn't have.

Wired
08-01-2009, 03:35 PM
get the can am.

coryatver
08-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Wired
get the can am.

Your a factory can am rider you get paid to say that. Any reason why get the can am? Have you raced gncc before?

TNT
08-01-2009, 05:07 PM
I’ll never go back to a carb quad again EFI is the future. Get the HON watch the industry drive out the carb and watch your HON depreciate 75% on an accelerated method. I don’t care how many HON parts are out there in the next 6-months – 1yr they will be worthless and obsolete!

Aluminum light weight frames – I’ll NEVER go back to gusset steel….

DO I NEED TO SAY MORE FELLOWS?

LOL!!

Cory be a man get a Can….LOL!

TNT
08-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by coryatver

This is hilarious. You are TRYING to keep yours running yet you still say this quad is the best choice lol WOW

This guy wants to Race a whole season of GNCC he doesn't have time to try and keep it running. When you invest in running a whole series driving 10 hrs+ driving, fees, hotels, time from work you need a quad that you know will finish the race and be reliable. Get a proven Honda that everyone knows the ins and outs of at a much cheaper price how could that not be the best choice. Its horrible when you are trying to run for points and you are sititng at home waiting for parts or your quad is still in the shop or you go to the race and the quad breaks the first lap when it shouldn't have.

Don't twist what I write around any forum is for tech problems not bashing. If you want to bash talk to Byrd about break control this weekend.....lol! :macho

yfzrider310
08-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
Your a factory can am rider you get paid to say that. Any reason why get the can am? Have you raced gncc before?

I doubt he got paid to say that.