PDA

View Full Version : Pink Wire

ds450xracer
07-31-2009, 10:43 AM
I am getting the new racing ecu installed on my bike today that comes with the racer support package and was wondering if having my pink wire cut will cause any problems or if it was something that only mattered with the stock ecu
thanks

jlrenken
07-31-2009, 11:38 AM
just with the stock ecu

TNT
07-31-2009, 12:04 PM
Unless I missed something along the way your talking about two different things. The race ecu that you are getting removed the limp mode to keep you from going into a safe mode and loosing power on persay a jump lip. The pink wire cut gains access to a race map that accomodates a after market pipe and gives more power. Having the pink wire cut on either the stock or race ecu has no effect on limp(well not directly anyway). You s/b allright but beware that removing the limp removed safeguards to protect your engine so if you run it lean and hot and reach engine damage temp it will not go into limp.

Blizzard24
07-31-2009, 12:47 PM
The pink wire mod can still be done on the Can Am Race ecu, as Terry stated it is triggering a richer mixture to work with slip on exhausts and open air boxes. The race ECU is the same, it just lowers the temp that the fan comes on and eliminates the Limp mode.

ds450xracer
07-31-2009, 02:32 PM
So are you saying if i alreaedy have the pink wire cut and the limp mode problem fixed by updating the stock computer there won't be any difference in performance between the 2 ecu's?

Foxstar45
07-31-2009, 04:54 PM
You must cut your pink wire if you get an aftermarket pipe/take your air box lid off weather you have the new ecu or not. and Since you are on the racer program you are going to have a motoworks pipe so snip the wire while you have the plastic off.

Blizzard24
07-31-2009, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by ds450xracer
So are you saying if i alreaedy have the pink wire cut and the limp mode problem fixed by updating the stock computer there won't be any difference in performance between the 2 ecu's?

I am saying the fan comes on at a lower temp with the Race ECU, and the Limp mode is totally removed.

If you have someone that is doing that to the stock ECU then there is no difference.

joeyds450x
08-01-2009, 07:20 AM
so you can run the pink wire cut with either ECU?

so the only way you dont run the pink wire cut is if you have a FMI or PC... right??

TNT
08-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by joeyds450x

so the only way you dont run the pink wire cut is if you have a FMI or PC... right??

TNT: YES

TNT: In most cases it will not matter if it’s cut the FMI/PC over rides it.

joeyds450x
08-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by TNT

TNT: YES

TNT: In most cases it will not matter if it’s cut the FMI/PC over rides it.

ok thanks bud

crixal
08-02-2009, 06:40 PM
joey, i sent you a PM.

joeyds450x
08-03-2009, 05:56 AM
empty your pm box lol