PDA

View Full Version : Steering stabilizers,A-arms,Dual gasser,NPS springs?

usaraptor
07-31-2009, 10:22 AM
I own a Raptor 700 (2007), looking to do some upgrades, did my first GP race and would like to do more, but first need the upgrades!! Looked at the Moose (Moose racing) steering stabilizer, looks like a good one for the price? Also, looking at Full Flight (Full Flight Racing) +2 A-arms? Also, from Moose Racing their Dual Gasser, a thumb/wrist throttle (I'm an old dirt biker turned quader). Lastly looking at, NPS springs fron Race Tech (race springs to lower quad), thanks.

Jimbo M
08-03-2009, 12:28 PM
I bought the Moose steering stabilizer. Its made by I Shock. I put it on and rotated the bars to check for clearance issues and it started leaking oil - without ever riding my quad!!! The included paper work tells you to contact I Shock for technical advice, which I did. Turns out that all of the I Shock steering stabilizers were recalled due to faulty seals. I sent mime back to I Shock and they rebuilt it for free. After the 1st ride, it started leaking again - and subsequent rides only an oily film. My son has a Precision stabilizer on his KFX 450r - I know its expensive, but you get what you pay for and Precision is the best.

usaraptor
08-03-2009, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the input.

04TRX400EX
08-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Suspension is the critical component. I revalve/respring from a shock builder like Racetech will do wonders as the shocks will be set up for your weight and riding style. Check with C&D Racing too (site sponsor) for a great deal there. To go with rebuilt shocks, +2 arms will help with handling for sure but must be combined with an extended axle. "Stick" type steering stabilizers work well but a "puck" type like a Precision are the best way to go. More expensive yes, but worth the investment. Also look into a set of Flexx bars if the funds allow.

Trust me (and probably many other people on here) ... parts and upgrades are indeed expensive but the "do it once and do it right" philosophy is better than trying to count pennies and hope for performance beyond what is capable. It costs more to go back and do it again. Do things as you can and do it right.

usaraptor
08-04-2009, 07:09 AM
Thanks, I agree with the puck style stabilizer. Definitly going with the other upgrades, actually have the flex bars-they work great I can only imagine how well they will perform with the new mods. Also have a LEXX MXe slip on for a cheap pipe sounds great and noticed some performance gains.

Jimbo M
08-10-2009, 06:57 PM
iShock is sending me a brand new steering stabilizer since I've had leaks with my current one. It's nice to know they stand by their products - customer service is still alive.