PDA

View Full Version : A Guide to Mods for all

cdoskocil9
07-30-2009, 09:25 PM
Just wondering if theyre are any new mods that people are doing motor, transmission, and suspension wise that everyone would like to know???

How do you grind the frame for the rear shock?

Any way to make it shift better yet?

What about the motor what all has been changed for 2010?

Lets make this a guide to can am fixes................

Thanks guys

craigmacphee
07-30-2009, 09:54 PM
Great idea...I like it! :)

blaster99
07-31-2009, 08:30 AM
I have had huge problems with my tranny in my 08 going into false neutral from 4th to 3rd, everything I do wont help. I can't go into the turns as fast any more. Yesterday i rode a can-am with a 2009 tranny i believe, The problem is fixed, It never went into false neutral. It shifts a little harder, but it is not a big deal, to be able to have all the confidence in the world going into the turns, knowing your bike will slow down when you want it too is priceless.

For mods, I honestly have a slip on moto works pipe, the can-am racer prgram ecu, and it rips. With a full system, and a new intake, I couldn't imagine all the power you could get. Hopefully, I will know very soon. :cool:

The suspension is amazing too, One of my friends who has a fox/gibson front end a jb/pep rear end on his Honda, says the stock mx shocks are better than his. It turns better than his Honda, and he doesn't get tired on the can-am like he does on his Honda. I have also ridden a Walsh/fox can-am, and it doesn't handle as good as when it is stock. There is no need at all to get aftermarket suspension. You just need to play with the adjustments, and you can get them working better than all the other aftermarket shocks.

ltr311
07-31-2009, 02:47 PM
Blaster what ever your smoking you need to pass my way. LOL There is no way your stock shocks work better than a properly setup aftermarkete frontend. NO WAY!!! My bike is absolutely amazing with my Holz/fox setup. Every ds rider that has ridden it has come back shaking their head. Telling me my bike is cheating!! You dont hear people saying that about stock shocks and arms. They are nice dont get me wrong but far from the best. There is a reason motoworks runs HOlz products. They transform an uncompetive machine into a contender. Look at the success of motoworks riders, while others still struggle to make the can am work. Holz has it going on and from what Ive heard the walsh front end is working good also.

blaster99
07-31-2009, 09:23 PM
haha well i know what i have felt from riding. The fox/walsh set up felt like trash. I can't say much about the Honda's set up, because I haven't ridden it.

grannysleeper
08-01-2009, 07:56 AM
How does the holz or walsh front end compare to the x-mx 50" front end? Is it that much better and why?

blaster99
08-01-2009, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by grannysleeper
How does the holz or walsh front end compare to the x-mx 50" front end? Is it that much better and why?

Its just my opinion, and one of our series pros that the xmx a-arms and shocks handle better than the fox walsh set up on his bikes. They are smoother, and they cut better in the turns. I haven't tried holtz though, but i hear it is sweet.

LTR450_#67
08-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Yeah Holz has quite a bit of knowledge and isn't really new to making A-arms.....They have been making arms for Snocross machines for years now......

Suspension set-ups are all based on preference. Not everybody likes/runs the same set-up.....It's all about being comfortable and when you're comfortable....confidence kicks in.....And then there are times you just have to work with what you have.