PDA

View Full Version : GNCC fronts (direction?)

MtnEX
07-30-2009, 08:38 PM
I know there are a whole lot more of you guys who have these tires...

Have any of you experimented with the direction of the mounting?

What I would like to know is if one direction hooks the front end up better than the other?

Right now I have mine on my KFX 450R mounted in this direction....

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr149/Duster_2-400s/CIMG5128-1.jpg

They do pretty good, and brake really well... but in certain terrain I detect a push in sharp turns.

I don't know if it's me not committing with enough oversteer... or if it's me still dialing the front suspension adjustments... or if I need to play with air pressure... or if I'm just not getting maximum bite out of the tires.

I thought about turning them around (switching sides) to reverse the tread pattern. I remember this from the old days...

I'm just looking for opinions on this from people who have already played with direction on the GNCC's.

Pappy
07-30-2009, 08:59 PM
Mounted like you have them, great steering and lots of bite. We run them that way when its wet and turn them around when its dry

MtnEX
07-31-2009, 02:06 AM
So which way would you say you get more turning bite?

If it's the way I have them, I need to start looking other directions and not waste my time switching them and trying them the other way.

honda400ex2003
07-31-2009, 07:48 AM
I think they bite better the way you have them now. just my .02 though since i am not positive. i would try them out and see how they work the other way. steve

07black400ex
07-31-2009, 08:29 AM
I have the same tires and they are mounted the way you have them displayed int the pic. No problems what so ever with them hooking up, they are great tires.