PDA

View Full Version : nEeDs SoMe IdEaS

raptorchic
07-30-2009, 07:26 PM
ok.. here's the deal... im a new rider and i know nothing about mechanics.. im tryin to learn about what i can do to make my 350 raptor lighter, when i try to jump it its very front heavy and i tend to kinda nose dive.. I'm just curious as to what i can do and how to do it...thanx

Tommy Warren
07-30-2009, 09:57 PM
sounds like your letting off of the gas when you take off from your jump. try hitting the gas a bit harder on take off. also try leaning back a little bit more. you'll get it with more practice.

usp4u
08-01-2009, 06:50 AM
Stay on the throttle all the way off the jump face to start with. The most important factor is body position, and it can be different with every machine. Try staying back when you go off the jump. Also, alotta people dont relize this, but, your handlebar heigth and position can correct this, or make it worse. A taller bar or one that is rolled forward will generally keep the front higher. This is due to having more leverage on the bike as you subcontiously "pull" off the jump face. Keep practicing and expierementing and you'll get it.

raptorchic
08-01-2009, 07:00 PM
cool.. thanks... now as soon as i heal up from my accident ill def give it a try in a few weeks.. thanks!

honda400ex2003
08-04-2009, 09:42 PM
different bumper and such, different shocks can help to make it jump better since the rear will not want to buck up off a jump. tires will help and take the foot boards off along with any unneccessary skids and such. the parking brake can do a small bit if taken off and a new exhaust can make it lighter also. i guess that is about the extent of making it lighter without trimming fenders and taking lights and stuff off of it. good luck, steve