PDA

View Full Version : ROAD TRIP!! looking for spectacular places to ride by you exriders members

sab24711
07-30-2009, 04:00 PM
well here it is my friends and i are looking to drive from nj to Vegas baby!a friend of mine has a house in vegas we are all soon to turn 21. so its going to be a good time. we will drive out there with all the tools and toys necessary. starting off in northern nj. there are one of two ways we want to go, but cant decide.

first off is going south (straight through p.a,start in upper Ohio then leave southern Ohio,across Indiana,lower part of Illinois,lower part of Missouri, diagonal through Oklahoma, across the mid of New Mexico, and across the mid of Arizona)

or

north through p.a again, top of Ohio, along the border of Michigan and Indiana,top of Illinois, lower mid of Iowa, mid lower part of Nebraska,Colorado snowboarding of course!! then through utah.

we cant decide because we all love to ride and want to hit some of the best spot in either travel. looking for places to camp and ride (of course!) but not alot of us have been riding outside of the east coast, so its hard to say whats good and not good. so thats why i ask to see if there is someone who has taken the tip or just been to an awesome spot thats along the way.excited to hear what you say or advise you have.

jer

smr
07-31-2009, 05:25 AM
go out the southern route and come back the northern route.

I would sugest you go to turkey bay in western Ky www.lbl.org Then I would sugest you drive about 6 hours to emmince Mo and do some kayaking on the current river....it's great and plenty of nice places to stay. Then you could drive another 8 hours and go to waynoka Ok...aka Little Sahara..great place to spend a few days. www.waynoka.com From there I can't help you much but once you get to vegas don't forget to check out dumont dunes.

-TheDude-
07-31-2009, 06:59 PM
Wellsville, ohio biggest and best trail out there 50000 acres of land all in the mountains if its on the weekend im sure me and my buddies can meet up and show you around if ur not careful u can get urself hurt real fast

sab24711
08-01-2009, 08:38 AM
hot dam i might have to take up up on that offer checking. i have been out the vids from both areas it look sick even on google maps it looks big deff going to be some sick riding.

cmskms
08-03-2009, 12:03 PM
I'd do the southern route. What kind of riding do you and your friends like? Track or trail. You should hit The Badlands in Indiana for sure. Tons of huge hills to climb etc. I'm close to St. Louis and there are some cool MX parks that also have trails within an hour or so of here. And you should do the Float trip thing on the Current River or Huzzah rivers. Damn good time. If you and your buddies come through St. Louis area let me know!

ALXKFX450R
08-03-2009, 08:18 PM
If you like tracks try Breezewood Proving grounds,(central PA)Fun track

sab24711
08-03-2009, 09:09 PM
we are looking for anything and everything to ride. my friends going along for the the trip vary from good to just starting off. i know we are going to get tired of driving and are defiantly going to want to stop. might as well be one place fun besides a truck stop. some fun indoor tracks along the way i know one kid is inching for that. thanks for the posts keep them coming!

-TheDude-
08-04-2009, 08:25 PM
u can camp in wellsville. hell its just as fun as riding with all those rednecks

sab24711
08-04-2009, 09:23 PM
ehhh rednecks suck but hey im game for one hoe down