PDA

View Full Version : My nitemare of an experience with Pittsburgh Raceway mx park in keystone.

nynetwo9
07-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Took my girlfriend to Pittsburgh Raceway mx park in New Alexandria Pa on Tuesday evening to do some riding and it turned out to be a nightmare!!! To make a long story short, She was riding my 450R on the ATV track while I watched. (simply becuase i wasnt payin $40 to ride there). Right before we were ready to load up she took one more lap around, needless to say she bit it pretty hard over a small tabletop. nothing major, but she banged her hip up pretty good and couldnt get up. So I had to pull my truck over to her and lift her up in the truck. So... I get her situated and load up my quad and her gear. by this time its gettin dark. we drive down to the exit, and them idiots locked us in!!!!!! They locked up all the gates. They never even came up and looked around to see if everyone was out of there before locking up! There was workers there too! they payed theyre attention to the dirtbike track. But still, before locking up you would think they would check the atv track. unbelievable. I just couldnt believe that they would lock up without checking. She could have been layin there dead!!!! So we were trapped. I drove everywhere looking for a way out. No luck. No phone numbers anywhere either. I even called 911 for help. basically they said there was nothing they could do. real cute huh. Luckily, the gate had some rusted links in it. I kicked and kicked it until i broke some of them to free the chain up. Then i had to push it the rest of the way open with my truck.

That place is a joke!!! Seriosly! who does that? Im so furoius.

derekhonda
07-30-2009, 11:14 AM
Wow, that is very interesting. I can't believe 911 told you they couldn't do anything about it, you were locked in a place and in need, that's just weird.

450rRacer22
07-30-2009, 11:36 AM
I dont wanna be an ***** or anything but that doesnt seem right to me so either your story is a lil exaggerated or im just crazy cuz i think if you would have told the 911 operator that your girlfriend had just been in an atv accident and you were locked in the park, they wouldnt have just told you there was nothing they could do about it...seriously. But if your actually serious then that is one hell of a story and i'd be complaining to someone at the park about what they did. Not to mention the 911 operator:rolleyes:

usp4u
07-30-2009, 11:57 AM
Locked in an MX track and all to yourself? That sounds more like a wet-dream than a nightmare. :D

nynetwo9
07-30-2009, 02:24 PM
when i called 911 and told them what had happened they transferred me to the police dept. he was the one who basically said "what do you want me to do about it?" thats when i said, " well, i thought when you got trapped you where suppose to call 911 or the police"? All he said was I could send an ambulance. then they would have to call the fire dept after they arrived first. I told him that my gf was hurt but not in need of an ambulance. All we really wanted was let out somehow and i could take her to the ER instead of waitin on the ambulance to come then wait for the fir dept. The police took my name and number and said he was goin to try to get in contact with someone at the track to let us out. 20 min went by and he never called back. After i broke myself out i called him back and he said thats good. I asked him if he ever got a hold of anybody and he said no. I assumed when you called 911 they would send a cop or fire dept there immediantly to help you. It was the wierdest 911 experience ever. I'v called 911 b4 for my mom and theyre were very helpful. idk.. it was a wierd. Just the whole thing with him saying "what do u want me to do about it" really ticked me off.

i wish i was exhagerating.

MX MaNiAc 06
07-30-2009, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by usp4u
Locked in an MX track and all to yourself? That sounds more like a wet-dream than a nightmare. :D

Lmao. You should have just unloaded the quad and ripped around the bike track. Sorry to hear about your bad experience. What did you think of the place? What would your review be before all of that nonsense?

dehner47
07-30-2009, 03:02 PM
goes to show ya that you never do one more lap. or one more jump. thats when bad things happen..

by the way, is the girl ok? i figured she is. if she was banged up to bad, you probably would of said something.

motofreak2772
07-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Yeah I think when its on private property there is nothing they can do about it(like breaking the lock or anything like that)

nynetwo9
07-30-2009, 11:49 PM
yea shes ok. sore as hell tho. you know how that is. gotta pretty nice bruise and swelled up hip. says she done riding tho. this was her first time on an actual track plus her 1st big crash. lol.

As far as my review of the track. Its hard to say. The dirt bike track looks fun. but the atv track is lacking a lot. too many random singles and jumps with too small of lips to clear em. Not worth the 40 initial membership. Great for beginners and whatnot though like my gf. It is nice to see a MX track open up 10 min from my house tho. Hopefully it will get as nice as the dirt bike track in the future.

05LSR250R
08-02-2009, 11:27 AM
That happened to me once at a local mx track by the house! I simply drove straight thru their brand new Cedar Rustic fence they just installed! Thats the benefits of having a p.o.s. truck!:devil:

79400ex
08-03-2009, 07:05 PM
thats why you care side cutters to cut threw the fence.

KXRida
08-07-2009, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by dehner47
goes to show ya that you never do one more lap. or one more jump. thats when bad things happen..

by the way, is the girl ok? i figured she is. if she was banged up to bad, you probably would of said something.

Yep that's what always would happen to me. I'd say, ah one more lap and that's when it would happen.

Glad to hear she's ok. I've though about trying out PRP seeing that's it's not too far from me, but I just can't fathom paying more than $20 for any practice session. That may be one of the "try it out" just to do it tracks.

Not to get off topic, but how'd the tracks look?

Ichoptop
08-07-2009, 08:51 AM
you called 911? They should have came and gave you a nice $250 ticket for using it in a non-emergency situation.

440racer66
08-07-2009, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Ichoptop
you called 911? They should have came and gave you a nice $250 ticket for using it in a non-emergency situation.

i dont belive there gonna like you much here.

justin1022
08-07-2009, 11:31 PM

wtf is wrong with your signature what is that latin or some ****

nynetwo9
08-08-2009, 12:20 AM

yea i called em. figured being locked in a with no way out after dark counted as an emergency situation.